Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My landline

Cazlupton
Joining in

My landline has stopped working,

I cannot get a ringtone and not make or receive any calls

the phones have had new batteries installed but still do not get a ringtone, my broadband and tv are not affected

how do I report this to an engineer 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Cazlupton,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm sorry that you're having some issues with your landline connection!

Can you please tell us if you've tried to switch out the batteries to other ones to see if this is what's causing the issue?

Do you have access to another landline phone to see if the connection itself is still working?

Please take a look at our Landline Faults page to see if this can help identify your issue. If you're still having problems, I'll be more than happy to look into this further for you. 🙂

Thanks! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Cazlupton,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm sorry that you're having some issues with your landline connection!

Can you please tell us if you've tried to switch out the batteries to other ones to see if this is what's causing the issue?

Do you have access to another landline phone to see if the connection itself is still working?

Please take a look at our Landline Faults page to see if this can help identify your issue. If you're still having problems, I'll be more than happy to look into this further for you. 🙂

Thanks! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

I’ve put new batteries in and charged them up fully but when plugged in to virgin socket there is still no dialling tone

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Cazlupton,

Thanks for coming back to me about this and thanks for checking your equipment again! 

Please try rebooting your Hub to see if this can correct the fault. This can be done by turning the broadband Hub off with the switch on the back and turning it back on after 10 seconds.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

I’ve tried restarting hub but lost broadband and only just got it back 

but it didn’t work, still no landline

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Cazlupton,

Thanks for coming back to me. Sorry to hear that the reboot did not resolve the issue! 

I'll need to investigate this further, so I'll send you a Private Message. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I'll be in touch soon. 🙂

Thank you! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team