cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline fault third time this year

Rugbymalc
Joining in

If someone from virgin reads this please help.

Can somebody explain why my mothers landline not working again. This happend last month and the month before.  Seems to be a monthly occurence after many calls and finally resorting to social media it turned out to be a problem at the exchange. She has the phone connected via a wall socket, ie a copper connection.  Not sure if this is the problem as i know these connections are being phased out in favor of the phone connection to the hub?

Today the landline is  again malfunctioning. She can receive incoming  calls with no problem.  However if she rings out the call connects but she cannot hear the person she is calling although the recipient can hear her. My mother is 88 years old, is in poor health on oxygen and has a lifeline service which relies on a functional landline. 

I am frustrated, angry and at the end of my teather.  Why is the landline mafunctioning on what seems to be a monghly basis.  If anyone from virgin is reading this please help.  If my mother has an episode or a fall she has no way of raising the alarm. I am only asking for her to get the service she pays for.  The srress of this happening every month is telling on her health.  I am sure you will agree that an 88 year old lady should not have to worry about being able to raise help. Please help

Rugbymalc

1 REPLY 1

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Rugbymalc

Welcome back to our Community Help Forum.

Thank you for making this post concerning the landline fault that is affecting your mothers phone service, I'm sorry she is unable to hear the person who is calling. I ran diagnostics on our systems and there are currently no issues displayed on there with her landline. Are you able to try plugging in a different handset into the wall socket so that we can rule out this being an issue with the handset itself?

Kind regards,

Serena