cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline Number Port Request (From BT to Virgin)

AlexRS2782
Tuning in

Hi,

Just wondering if it's possible to request a number port request via the forum here, to avoid any delays on the phone lines, or is it better to call in first thing in a morning and do it in person?

I had the Virgin phone service activated, as part of a recontract, last Monday and since that time the line has been fine with no issues.  When i recontracted i was advised that once i'd confirmed the line was fine to get back in touch to request a transfer / port of my current BT number to Virgin.  I assume the Virgin number (just assigned) gets transferred to BT for the remainder of that contract?

My current BT phone contract expires later in February and as of yet i have not notified them i won't be renewing as i was advised this might cause issues with the transfer and to wait until the number port had been put in place.  I assume that's still the case?

Many Thanks

Alex

3 REPLIES 3

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @AlexRS2782

Welcome to the Community! 

I can request the number port for you. Once I have request it will take 10-14day for the port to take place and BT will need to know of your wish to disconnect or they will reject the number port request. I suggest contacting BT to let them know and advise that you wish the number to remain active for a port request. 

I'll continue this through private message as will need ask sensitive information and pass some security to make the port request. Please look out for my PM in your inbox :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi Carley,

Thanks for the reply.  I have replied to your PM as requested.

Many Thanks

Thank you @AlexRS2782 for confirming that information. 

Your number port has been requested. 

Let me know if you have any other question or issues. We'll be happy to help. 🙂

All the best,

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley