cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Land line not working

Jane22
Joining in

Hi, my parents land-line is not working.  They can’t make calls out and when I ring them it says “number you have called has not been recognised”.  Can’t get hold of anyone at Virgin media.  Website says there are no landline issues in their area, but there are issues with broadband (their internet is working fine). Dad has checked all phones/connections.  What else can they do? 

3 REPLIES 3

roy247
Superstar

Just to clarify something that might get you a quicker answer from someone, is it a traditional landline or has it been recently switched to a landline through the hub as Virgin are in the process of moving away from the landline and they should have received an adaptor to plug into the hub.

@Jane22 wrote:   They can’t make calls out and when I ring them it says “number you have called has not been recognised”.  

Not sure why you would get this message unless it's connected to the hub and linked to the broadband.

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Jane22 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of your parents landline issue.

I'll PM you now to get the details and we can check this.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

mlgibbons
Tuning in

Welcome to the world of pain and incompetence which is Virgin Media. What you have encountered is not uncommon. Just search these forums and you'll see many posts like yours. I hope you have better results than I, and meant others, have had - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/I-come-back-from-holiday-and-have-no-dial-tone/m-p/5...

Good luck

Mark