cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deactivate upc ''don't not disturb feature on virgin media land line.

colm23
Joining in

Just a question, I accidently activated ''don't not disturb feature'' on my Virgin Media home phone and can't receive incoming calls only outgoing calls, how do I deactivate this feature, thanks in advance.

When a person calls my land line a voice states  ''the customer you are calling is using upc do not disturb feature, please try again later''

5 REPLIES 5

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @colm23

Thanks for your post and a big warm welcome to our community forum!

The 'do not disturb' feature is a handset feature rather than something that is activated by us, if you dial *79# to deactivate the feature this may work having done a little research on what may potentially fix this for you.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you but that hasn't worked, in fact I've tried several hand sets which means the problem is on the line and not on the hand set, even through it was activate by the hand set, probably has to be deactivated by a hand set, but how is the big question.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @colm23

Thank you for your reply and good afternoon

The do not disturb feature is not a feature offered by ourselves, are you aware of what was pressed when you had activated this?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

Thank you, I finally solved the problem, the feature was accidently activated by dialing star 80 #, so I dial in reverse # 80 star, it deactivates the feature, so I'II leave this here if anybody else has the problem, problem solved and many thanks for your replies, kind regards.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @colm23

Thanks for your response

Great to hear this is now all sorted for you and you managed to figure this out, I hope you have a great day.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team