cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't delete voicemail message notification

robinj00
Joining in

I've been having a long-term issue with Virgin's voicemail notification system. I keep on getting notifications but my inbox is empty when I go to retrieve them. A while ago I was given a procedure by Virgin to stop them at my phone end and this worked for a short period. However after switching the phone off and then back on after a short period of time the same notifications restarted. I'm a complete non-techie but it seems that is problem might be at Virgin's server. It's starting to drive us crazy with the phone pinging at regular intervals. Any suggestions on how to get this resolved would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Robinj00,

thanks for posting on our forum page with your issue.
We're sorry to hear of the fault with your voicemail service at the minute, this has indeed affected a few of our customers recently.
Since you've already attempted the usual fix,  listening to the voicemail message in full and delete it but this did not clear out the issue, please try the following:
 Try clearing the data and cache of the voicemail app. How to do this may vary on what type of handset you have, but in most cases you can do this by going to Settings > Apps > Phone > Storage.
 Here there will be two buttons, one saying Clear Data. Click on the Clear Data button, press OK on the pop-up notification that appears, and it should then remove the notification.
Let us know if this is of help, happy to support you further with this issue if needed. 

Regards

Paul.