cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packet Loss on 1Gig internet

Zeenath
Tuning in

I am having massive issues with packet loss. I am currently on 1 gig broadband as well which is very strange. My ping is low which is fine but the packet loss makes it impossible for me to play online games and it’s so frustrating. I’ve been on the phone with virgin multiple times to try and resolve the issue but no one even seems to know what I am talking about. Does anyone else have a similar issue? If anyone has any ideas on how to solve this I would be so grateful. Just as an extra bit I am connected with an Ethernet cable straight from the HUB 4 and still get packet loss. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

iveivan
On our wavelength

Join the club, you're not alone ;(

Apparently there is a firmware update coming soon ( this month)  to solve an issue with Hub 4.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

iveivan
On our wavelength

Join the club, you're not alone ;(

Apparently there is a firmware update coming soon ( this month)  to solve an issue with Hub 4.

Thank you for your response. I hope it is sorted out quickly as it’s very annoying. I wonder how many people are experiencing this issue? I’ve seen a lot of people who are also suffering the same lately. I take it you are having the problem as well? 

iveivan
On our wavelength

I am on a 1 gig plan and my internet is droping to 20-30 megs everyday now.

Playing my game and getting dc's all the time.

Spoke to Virgin they seem to ignore the issue. I am almost leaving to another provider.

Look at this massive dropsLook at this massive drops

Wow yeah I can see, this is exactly what is happening to me. I think virgin are fully aware of what is happening but just don’t want to know. More than likely because the fix for it requires cash and they don’t wanna spend. It’s unacceptable though being on 1 gig and having speeds this low. I am also close to leaving and finding another provider. Let me know if you manage to find a fix. 

Hi Zeenath,

Thank you for reaching back out to us, sorry to see ,you are thinking of leaving due to packet loss, so I can try to help and make sure everything is OK your end I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.