cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

virgin.net email suddenly inaccessible on my VM

swd
Tuning in

Hello, I hope someone may be able to help with a sudden development on my virgin.net email accounts which are linked to my VM account.

It was working fine until a few days ago, then without warning stopped. I can't access "email" on my VM account (which is current).

As suggested elsewhere I have done a full virus scan on my PC, restarted it and still can't access "email".

Nor can I access "manage Accounts" in my profile.

I would be very grateful if someone could help in this regard.

Sue.

14 REPLIES 14

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @swd.

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you are having issues with the emails associated with your account. We can understand your concern and want to best help.

I have been able to access your account to take a further look at this. I can see you very recently spoke to our team regarding this. Was the issue resolved with them? Do you need any further help?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello Akua_A

Thanks for responding.

Yes, we did speak to customer services who advised the locked emails didn't exist and we should call Talk Talk as Virgin sold all virgin.net accounts to them 4 years ago, they may be able to reinstate it.

The emails in question have been used regularly during the many years we have been with VM with little problem. 

So if you can help to resolve the matter it would be greatly appreciated.

swd 

In a way, it’s nice to see that VM customer services are being consistent - if consistently lying to customers regarding the TalkTalk story, or being consistently incompetent with VM management apparently doing nothing to remedy this, is something to aspire to?

That aside, you are obviously a current VM broadband customer, so can you log  to the my.virginmedia.com portal with the main (primary) username (email address) and password OK? When you say you cannot access the email or accounts section, do you mean the options aren’t there, or that it throws an error when you try?

John

Hi John

I can log into the VM site but when I click on "email" I get the message -

"Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary."

When I try "Manage Accounts" in "Profile" I get this message

We're sorry this isn't the page you wanted.

"This part of the site isn't working at the moment, but it'll be up and running again soon.

Other parts of the site might be working as normal, so try using the links below to help you find what you want"

Thanks, Sue.

Sue, just out of idle curiosity, can you try it again with either a different browser or the same one in incognito mode (or whatever your browser terms it)? It won’t fix the mailbox not available issue but might let you into the accounts section.

John

Hi John

I've just tried that on Firefox (normally use Chrome) on a Private window and get the same results - OK to login to VM but not email or Profile.

Thanks for your help and suggestions, always worth a try.

Hello Akua_A

You looked into my locked email account and asked if my previous contact with VM resolved the issue. I responded with the results of that approach which did not resolve the issue. I was told to contact Talk Talk who denied having any control over virgin.net accounts.

Is there anything you can do to assist?

The situation is still the same - no access to "email", no access to profile "manage account", currently have a VM broadband account, have done several full scans with no issues found, have attempted to change password on link provided but system does not recognise existing password or security details (which I know are correct).

I don't know what else I can do.

swd

@albob

"Orphan Accounts

Sadly some email accounts have remained open long after the cut off dates these are termed orphan accounts.  However just because you still have access to these accounts, it doesn't mean that using them is a good idea.

The terms and conditions clearly state that while the service is free, you must have an active internet account with Virgin Media in order to be entitled to use of any of the additional services they supply.  This means that users continuing to rely on these addresses as their main point of contact risk losing access to the email service at any time WITHOUT WARNING, as Virgin Media can and do clean up these accounts."

I have had a virginmedia account for many years as stated in previous posts here and have always used the blocked email for that account.