cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to reset secondary email account password.

mcmav
On our wavelength

I've tried to reset the password on a secondary email account and in my primary account the only option is to delete the account where it used to have the option to reset the password. I have tried using the password reset option and it does not accept the DOB and Security Question I input the details then click continue and nothing happens.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@mcmav wrote:

I've tried to reset the password on a secondary email account and in my primary account the only option is to delete the account where it used to have the option to reset the password.

Virgin Media have changed the way you reset the password on a secondary email account. You now have to do that from the "My Virgin Media" account of the secondary email account.

So, sign in from this link https://my.virginmedia.com/home/signIn  using the secondary email address and existing password.  That will take you to the relevant "My Virgin Media" account for that email address.

Then navigate to the "Account details" page by clicking on the "Update settings" tab and then you'll see the "Account details" tab. Scroll down that page and you will see a place to edit the password.

If you don't know the current password you have to use the "Forgotten password" route  but as you have found that does not always work.

The back stop is to either call customer services (150 for a VM landline or mobile) or wait for one of the Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum) to contact you via this thread in a day or so. They will be able to get the password reset for you.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

mcmav
On our wavelength

Thanks, 

Problem is my son has forgotten this password so can't login to do that.

Tried the forgot password route using DOB and security question that didn't work either. I'll try 150 and see if I can get anywhere but from reading other posts from people with exactly the same issue it looks like they get more joy here 🙂

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@mcmav wrote:

ProbI'll try 150 and see if I can get anywhere but from reading other posts from people with exactly the same issue it looks like they get more joy here 🙂

Using the Forum Team will almost certainly be the easier option.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

mcmav
On our wavelength

Who knew 150 sorted it. I'm in shock 😉

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@mcmav wrote:

Who knew 150 sorted it. I'm in shock 😉

Thanks for posting that update. I'm glad to hear it's all sorted.

Coenoby