cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access emails

Verystressed
Joining in

I was caught up in the first lot of email problems in June and now have no emails previous to 19th June, the latest email from Virgin promised that this would be fixed by Monday 17th July but at least I could use my email service.....until 6th July when the service stopped completely again, exactly the same as last time. "account error:blueyonder.co.uk"  "Cannot get mail. No password provided for blue yonder.co.uk" 

The online chat on the site connected me on Monday via What's App to an agent, it took 6 hours and 20 messages just from me and I didn't get an answer. On Tuesday I had to start the whole process again. It took 4 hours and the agent said it was not a planned outage but would be fixed by 1pm on 13th and I would get compensation and all my historical emails for sure...... On Thursday 14th still nothing, the agent that I got through to then (4 hours, 21 messages from me) said 'I will make sure the email services will be accessible in the next 24  hours...'

My stress levels are sky high, do these agents just say anything to get rid of you? No email service and no communication about it for 9 days now, 3 the first time, no historic emails with all my holiday details. How am I supposed to get my email service back? Help!

1 REPLY 1

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there 👋

Thanks for posting, and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with your Email service. Are the historic emails showing when signing in to your online WebMail account, here?

If you're using a 3rd-party Mail App such as iOS Mail, Outlook, etc. - have you also generated an App Password to use as a password for these? You have two passwords for your emails, one which is your main password which signs you into WebMail and then an App Password, which allows you to sign in to 3rd-party apps. 

You can generate an App Password in your My Virgin Media by going to Account Settings 👉 Account Details 👉 Mailbox App Password Management.

Please let us know how you get on.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ