cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hacked email unable to change password

LFL248811
Joining in

This week I have been getting notifications about someone accessing accounts that are linked with my virgin media email and changing passwords and login details. They have even managed to get hold of my bank details and gone a shopping spree. 

I have attempted numerous times to reset my password, due to it being an old email address, it cannot recognise it. I have tried entering our old account number and birthday but an error message comes up saying oops we've run into a problem try again later.

These hackers are leisurely going through all of my emails from the past 10 years and I am unable to change my password to stop them.

1 REPLY 1

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi LFL248811 👋

Thanks for posting, and a warm welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear your email has been compromised. When you leave us, your email is deleted after 90 days. However, we have seen instances where this has not happened and the email remains open for longer than usual. If this occurs, the email automatically becomes "Orphaned" which you can read more on, here.

Whilst I can do my best to reset the password, and recover the account, this may not be possible, depending on how long you have been disconnected and we may need to close the account fully.

Please look out for my private message in the top-right, white envelope or by tapping your profile picture then "Messages".

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ