cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing with server

Oxonian1
Joining in

Ntlworld emails on my Windows11 PC have not worked with Outlook since mid June. I do get them on my android phone and via Mail, but that doesn't keep emails beyond a few days. I've been in contact with VM several times over the weeks but have not got anywhere with this approach. I've noted that similar problems have occurred with many other users over these weeks but VM state that most of these have been resolved.

Can anyone suggest a way for me to resolve the issue?

Many thanks in advance! 

17 REPLIES 17

Oxonian1
Joining in

Thanks for your time on this. I'm using IMAP Account settings; the server is imap.virginmedia.com , port 993

Hi @Oxonian1, no problem at all.

So you've input the details below exactly as they should be and you're then getting that message when trying to update?

Host Name: imap.virginmedia.com
Username: your full Virgin Media email address
Password: your Virgin Media email app password
Advanced settings
SSL Encryption: Enabled
Port: 993 (this may be automatically chosen by selecting SSL encryption)

If that's the case, have you tried uninstalling Outlook and reinstalling it?

Regards,

Daniel

Oxonian1
Joining in

I assume I should use my ntlworld.com address for my user name and their generated password. So all above is correct. Also uninstalled and reinstalled Outlook but that hasn't made any difference. I do get ntlworld,com emails on my mobile and on Mail.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the responses on this Oxonian1,

So just to clarify on this, has the 3rd party app password been adjusted or updated via the settings given previously?

Regards,

Kain

Oxonian1
Joining in

Again, thanks for your time on this issue, I wish VM were as active! My ntlworld.com account is the problem.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No problem at all, we're here to help.

To get this checked also are you able to change the imap settings from imap.virginmedia.com to imap.ntlworld.com?

Let us know if that helps at all,

Kain

Oxonian1
Joining in

Yes, I changed the setting to imap.ntlworld.com (also for outgoing mail) but to no effect. Settings reverted to virginmedia.com

Hi @Oxonian1 thanks for your reply.

Okay, can you please see if this thread helps at all even though it contains similar information?

Many thanks

Tom_W