cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email password authentication can't view emails

andrewgbailey
Tuning in

I had a notification from virgin to say my email had been compromised so it had been locked and I should change my password and run a full virus/malware scan. I have changed my password over 4 hours ago and run a virus scan and I still cannot log into my email, it is saying authentication problem username or password is incorrect. Any help would be appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4

andrewgbailey
Tuning in
I still cannot access my blueyonder email. It's been nearly 24 hours now. I changed my password as advised to. I can log into my virgin media without any problems but my email is saying:

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Or you may not have an active mail account with us.
If you have an existing Virgin Media mailbox please try changing your password in the first instance as this may unlock the account following a security precaution taken by our email team.

How do I fix this or is it just my email or is it a general problem with Virgin email?

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@andrewgbailey wrote:

is it just my email or is it a general problem with Virgin email?

It usually means that Virgin Media have locked your email account for some reason. That has happened to a lot of people over the last few months.

Resetting the password often unlocks the email account but not always. If the account is still locked after a password reset it usually requires action from VM to unlock it.

You could either call Virgin Media Customer services on 150 from your Virgin landline or mobile - email issues are handled via the broadband option BTW.

Or you could wait for this post to be picked up by one of the Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum). They will be able to arrange to get this sorted for you. They will contact you via this thread in the next day or so.

In the meantime you could try doing another password reset. Reset it to a password you have never used before and then leave it 30 minutes before you try to access the account again.

Post back again with an update if a second reset works or if you raise the issue with VM customer services by phone.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi I have had this sorted by one of the team on whatsapp chat this afternoon. So it's all good now.

Thankyou for your reply

Regards

Andrew

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@andrewgbailey wrote:

Hi I have had this sorted by one of the team on whatsapp chat this afternoon. So it's all good now.

Glad to hear it's sorted.

Just a head's up.  Experience suggests that if this happens once to an email account it often happens again.

However, at least you know how to resolve it. 😉
Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks