cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email on account

unionman007
Joining in

Hi can I change the original email linked to my account, it ends in ntlworld.com

3 REPLIES 3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@unionman007 wrote:

Hi can I change the original email linked to my account, it ends in ntlworld.com

Do you mean the email address for your My Virgin Media account or for your Community account?

If the community account you can change this via the edit profile page by clicking on your community name.

If the primary username for your My Virgin Media account then this is more complicated.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

It is the primary account. 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@unionman007 wrote:

It is the primary account. 

The best advice is that it isn't possible to change the primary account.  

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-how-to-change-email-address

There is an option to change the login username to a third-party email address that you already have access to.  Third party means it can't be a Virginmedia email address.

All this does is change the username that you use to login to your Virgin Media account.  It doesn't change the underlying Ntlworld email address in any way other than the password will change to the one you choose for the alternate username.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks