cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueyonder email account locked

HJFe
Joining in

Hi,

I have a Blueyonder email address that I rely on - it has been unavailable for the last week. When I try to log in I get the following message:

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

I have tried several times to call Virginmedia for help, but is is impossible to get though to speak to someone who can help. Each time I try I slowly lose the will to live.

Does anybody have any suggestions? I know I am receiving important emails that I cannot access.

Many thanks,

Howard

4 REPLIES 4

HJFe
Joining in

I should add that I have tried resetting the password, but this didn't work.

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello HJFe

Sorry to hear this has happened

Can I just ask a few questions first 

Do you have services with us 

How are you accessing your emails 

By webmail or through as client 

Have you tried resetting the password to a new one, waiting 10 minutes then logging back in?

Gareth_L

Texito
Joining in

My mum had exactly the same problem and message with her Blueyonder account about 3 weeks ago.

I eventually got through to Virgin who admitted the problem was at their end and the fault was a very unusual one, but the end result was that her email address couldn't now be accessed and was effectively dead. However, I was told all her emails and folders could be saved and would be forwarded 'soon' to a new Virgin email address which we had to create.

A couple of days later, when that still hadn't happened 🙄, I called Virgin again and was told I would have to contact Talk Talk about the retrieval process. 

Strangely this new Virgin email address became her secondary email address and more problems began about getting permission from the main address holder - which was my mum - when she wanted a third email address. Could her original and main email address still be alive somewhere? 🤔

Unsurprisingly, a promised phone call from Virgin to assist with all this didn't materialise 🙄, so I called them. And it was during this lengthy call to sort out permissions and passwords etc. that I was suddenly told that my mum's original email wasn't dead and buried after all... in fact the Virgin staff member had just accessed it! 😲

Nobody seemed to know how or why it disappeared and reappeared, but yes, she got her original email address back... but for how long?

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello HJFe

Quick message to see if you still need help with this. as we never got a reply from our last reply Gareth_L