Menu
fyles-net
On our wavelength
Message 701 of 1,756
Flag for a moderator

Re: uktv

I'm no lawyer, but I think that if VM continues their charade for long enough then some legal mind will feel the urge to challenge VM over their terms, and to push Ofcom into action over consumer rights. VM can't be myopic enough not to realise this inevitability and that it'll be a lot less expensive if they just restore these channels.
salamanderwolf
Dialled in
Message 702 of 1,756
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media set to lose 4 million customers send for Richard Branson

"Maybe the UKTV channels should become an addon package £10month for them then we all win. "

come on, seriously, your astroturging for virgin right? That's the only answer I can come up with for such an wierd view  considering the anger that has been shown over the past twenty four hours.

Andyggow2016
Superfast
Message 703 of 1,756
Flag for a moderator

Sorry but that is a fantasy there is no information to support the claim 

0 Kudos
Lin7510
Tuning in
Message 704 of 1,756
Flag for a moderator

Removal of channels

Dear virgin media i am assuming that my bill including all 4 millions customers as well, will be having a reduced rate applied to the accounts due to the removal of some channels that we signed up to.  

fyles-net
On our wavelength
Message 705 of 1,756
Flag for a moderator

What is fantasy? To support what claim?
0 Kudos
grahamtriggs
Fibre optic
Message 706 of 1,756
Flag for a moderator

Re: Delighted????anyone?????

@nodrogd wrote:

Love Nature beats Eden hands down. Eden was starting to show a lot of repeats (like its Gold sister channel). There were rumours UKTV were looking to close it next year.

Customers have been chasing VM for Freesports & Horse & Country for some time through online petitions & social media (& people threatening to leave). These have now arrived.

History HD is long overdue. We have had H2 HD for ages its crazy the main History channel still remained in SD.

OK I will miss Yesterday & Dave being at the touch of a button on my VM box, but I have always had Freeview as a backup so can get them there if I want.

Love Nature - I tried to watch it yesterday, and had to turn it off because the entire top half of the screen was covered with logos. Trying it now, it still has one of the largest logos I have ever seen on a channel, and whats more the programme doesn't match the EPG. So right now, Love Nature is worthless.

Freesports people have been clamouring for.... but that is a free channel (clue in the name!). I have never even heard of Horse and Country before it appeared on Virgin, so I don't know where these people that have been asking for it came from.

History HD is overdue. But then these were all added to the EPG yesterday anyway, before any UKTV channels were removed. It's not like they needed to get rid of UKTV to do this.

I will miss Dave HD, because that is one of the damn reasons I switched from using Freeview to getting a V6. There isn't any point in me keeping a high cost subscription with Virgin if the HD channels I want have been removed.

0 Kudos
GoNz0
On our wavelength
Message 707 of 1,756
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media set to lose 4 million customers send for Richard Branson

I wonder if I will get through to retentions in the morning, lets see what they are prepared to do as I don't watch sports so the new offering is no use to me, so long as they cut my bill I will stay.
0 Kudos
BristolPete
Tuning in
Message 708 of 1,756
Flag for a moderator

Re: Withdrawal of uktv

I fear that due to unforeseen technical difficulties my direct debit to Virgin Media may be going off line in the next day or so. Of course I will try to restore it and trust that the enjoyment of Virgin media will not be diminished in the meantime. 

grahamtriggs
Fibre optic
Message 709 of 1,756
Flag for a moderator

Re: UKTV Channels Updated

@Chaffwolf wrote:

Losing some of my favourites and getting free sky sports channel as compensation. 

You aren't getting a free sky sports channel as compensation. Sky Sports Mix was part of the bundles (Full House at least), anyway.

Premier Sports is not a Sky channel - that is a separate £10 subscription. (apart from the next two months).

FreeSports is a free sister channel to Premier Sports, which should have been added a long time ago, but we're only just getting now.

0 Kudos
Andyggow2016
Superfast
Message 710 of 1,756
Flag for a moderator

Paramount (Freeview) is on 124 and 187

Lifetime (Freeview) is on 125 and 208

True entertainment (Freeview) is on 126 and 189

Premier sports is on 127 and 551

Your tv (Freeview) is on 128 and 218

4 music (Freeview) is on 129 and 337

Free sports (Freeview) is on 130 and 553

Sky sports mix is on 131 and 520

Vice (Freeview) is on 191 and 219

Yoo moo (Freeview) is on 248 and 739

Love nature (Freeview) is on 249 and 293

So what this about, why just leave it blank, duplicate in random order serious, majority are all free to air