Menu
Afcats
Just joined
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

STV HD NO LONGER AVAILABLE!?

Suddenly and without warning the message 

“STV HD NO LONGER AVAILABLE ON VIRGINMEDIA”

has appeared when I try select any recordings in MY SHOWS which are from STV HD Channel 113 

So I cannot watch all the many programs I had recorded!!

My family and I are NOT HAPPY!

Anyone else experiencing this?

0 Kudos
Kbrad
Joining in
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: STV HD NO LONGER AVAILABLE!?

It's the same for me this morning. I can't watch anything recorded on stv hd. 

0 Kudos
Kraftynic
Joining in
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I am so angry at this. There are many programs we record from STV that we can no longer watch and the STV player is also giving errors! No warning. Virgin is getting ridiculous now with these problems. For what we pay it's a disgrace! I hope it comes back ASAP or it's the last straw and we'll have to look at another provider that doesn't muck us around like this. 

0 Kudos
praxis
Rising star
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

@Kraftynic wrote:

I am so angry at this. There are many programs we record from STV that we can no longer watch and the STV player is also giving errors! No warning. Virgin is getting ridiculous now with these problems. For what we pay it's a disgrace! I hope it comes back ASAP or it's the last straw and we'll have to look at another provider that doesn't muck us around like this. 

It must be a local fault it is working ok where I am ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Kraftynic
Joining in
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

There's nothing in service status about a fault, but it seems stupid having recorded a program last night and watched half and not able to finish this morning without going through catchup, even if it was working. We need a statement from Virgin as to why we can no longer watch recorded programs in my shows from STV. 

0 Kudos
Kbrad
Joining in
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

As well as stv hd I am unable to watch crime and investigation hd recordings. My recorded programmes not in hd seem to be fine to watch.

Hope they sort it out soon. 

0 Kudos
Kraftynic
Joining in
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Same here. When you pay as much money as we all do we at least deserve an explanation and plenty of warning that these things are changing. The odd thing is that though it says STV HD is no longer available I am watching it live right now! 

0 Kudos
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I had the same issue on Crime + Investigation this morning but it's now resolved. I'd check again!

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

@Kraftynic wrote:

Same here. When you pay as much money as we all do we at least deserve an explanation and plenty of warning that these things are changing. The odd thing is that though it says STV HD is no longer available I am watching it live right now! 

One possibility.

It was announced in September last year that the full regional STV HD service was coming to Virgin Media. For this modification to take place all the STV HD sub-regions would have to carry seperate channel ID's on VM's systems.

If this is now the case the channel ID you recorded from may no longer exist, hence the recordings no longer see the channel ID & cannot play, as it has been replaced by your local STV HD region identifier.

If STV HD has now moved to Channel 103 then the above is more than likely the case.

https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2018/09/03/stv-hd-made-available-to-virgin-tv-homes/

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

@nodrogd 

I’m not actually sure what exactly happened but 113 is still STV HD and 103 is still STV SD.

I didn’t have any recordings from STV HD over this period so didn’t hit any of these issues.

I can give some information which may help explain what happened.

STV HD 113 is generally one of the channels buffering on my V6 overnight. When I looked at this tuner in the morning, it was channel 28 and called STV HD Old (or was it Old STV HD).

The channel was playing OK. When I swapped it to 113 STV HD, I was then unable to access channel 28 again.

I guess some change was made to how STV HD is broadcast on the cable network. 

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos