Menu
RetroSpock
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

How do I add the documentary channels? (Discovery, History, Animal Planet, etc)

Hey,

I'd like to know how I can gain access to channels such as Animal Planet?

On TiVo, the channel says "Please subscribe".  I try to check out the price both on TiVo, and on the website but there doesn't appear to be a bundle for this; just the sky movies/sky sports, Baby TV and so on.

How can I find out how much more these channels will cost me?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jamesofmerton
Well-informed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: How do I add the documentary channels? (Discovery, History, Animal Planet, etc)

read this which lists channels and the package they are on https://my.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virgoBrowse/docs/VirginMediaTVChannelGuide.pdf
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I add the documentary channels? (Discovery, History, Animal Planet, etc)

There are now basically only 3 channel packs:

Player - Freeview type channels

Mix - Subscription channels in SD

Full House - Subscription channels in HD.

So as for most channels, for SD you want Mix, for HD you want Full House

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

RetroSpock
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ahhh I see, thanks!  We're on Mix with Sky Movies added on...  can't the 'Factual' package be added?  Do I need to upgrade to Fun/Full House?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@RetroSpockwrote:

Ahhh I see, thanks!  We're on Mix with Sky Movies added on...  can't the 'Factual' package be added?  Do I need to upgrade to Fun/Full House?

Fun is a legacy package & is no longer offered to existing or new customers. There is no "Factual" package, only the 3 described, so you need Full House.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos