Menu
zaccer49
Tuning in
Message 11 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: v6 Box doesn't pick up Wifi

Hi Craig

I changed the channel on my 5GHz wifi from Auto Performance to Auto Compatibility and this has solved the problem

I was very surprised but it was something as simple as that. Thank you for your advice on that.

Best

Zac

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Craig_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 12 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zac

Excellent news, thanks for taking the time to let us know that this has helpedMan Happy

We'll be here should you need any assistance or support with your services moving forward.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

fourteenfifty
Settling in
Message 13 of 20
Flag for a moderator

t Re: v6 Box doesn't pick up Wifi

We are also having this problem, one week after an engineer came and set us up.

It was working fine and then 2 days ago it has decided it doesn't want to connect to the Internet and it also cannot detect any wi-fi networks at all.

I'm not willing to pay for additional equipment because Virgin's own stuff can't detect each other in the room next door, so powerline adaptors are not in the equation. Also, as your engineer set it up fine before - why do we even need one?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 14 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: t Re: v6 Box doesn't pick up Wifi

@fourteenfifty wrote:

We are also having this problem, one week after an engineer came and set us up.

Try the same fix then.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
fourteenfifty
Settling in
Message 15 of 20
Flag for a moderator

thanks for the protip.

Already done that. Even if it works, I want them to know this is a recurring issue and their "fix" should probably be easier to find.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 16 of 20
Flag for a moderator

No probs.  VM dont "guarantee" wifi connections only ethernet cabled ones.  So their scripts have no fix.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Rostrider
Just joined
Message 17 of 20
Flag for a moderator

We experienced the same problem a short while ago: Out of nowhere, the Tivo V6 lost its wifi connection and claimed there were no wifi in the area. Teh Superhub and the V6 is only 3.5 meters apart albeit in different rooms but the setup had been working perfectly for over a year ago since we got the V6. I was convinced the V6 had fried its wifi module. Without the internet connection, programme information is lost and one cannot record programmes via the timer either. A box reset did nothing to resolve the issue.

Liking my hifi stereo too much too install the Powerline transmitters (they create noise on the mains that go straight through the PSU of your hifi components), I called Virgin Media and the lovely women who took my call had the V6 rebooted and working properly within 15 minutes. It was a great relief and a great service.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rose_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 18 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rostrider,

Thanks for letting us know about this on the community.

I'm glad this has been resolved for you and if there's any further problems please let us know.

Take care

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
AliJ63
On our wavelength
Message 19 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Relatively new tivo box has been fine until this weekend. Now the TV guide isn't showing much apart from 'to be announced'. And testing shows 'no network adaptor'. Tivo box (C101)

Nothings changed so why won't it show the TV guide? I have tried a reset 3x but no joy.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 20 of 20
Flag for a moderator

@AliJ63 wrote:

Relatively new tivo box has been fine until this weekend. Now the TV guide isn't showing much apart from 'to be announced'. And testing shows 'no network adaptor'. Tivo box (C101)

Nothings changed so why won't it show the TV guide? I have tried a reset 3x but no joy.

Its because the V6 is not connected to your Hub.  Which Hub model do you have and how are you connecting  to the V6- wifi or ethernet cable? 

Try this.  Switch both boxes and unplug from the mains for 5'.  Restart the Hub and wait until it boots up and you can test and show its connected fine on a device.  Then start up the V6 and it should remake the connection.  See how it gets on doing that and report back where it is failing - you may need to reselect the wifi network and put passwords in again - or if on cable use a new Cat6 cable.

--------------------
0 Kudos