Menu
mat
Up to speed
Message 61 of 65
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box sound dropouts driving me mad.

yep random audio dropouts here too, i can only watch one video on youtube and then i loose all sound on youtube completely, have to exit the youtube ap and re enter it again if i want to watch another... abysmal!

VM..... vacuously mediocre?

0 Kudos
SJC24
Joining in
Message 62 of 65
Flag for a moderator

Still having problems with the sound distorting on my 2nd box and tried different outlets. Can turn the box off about 3 times in the evening to correct this is driving me mad. 

What else can I do ????????? Other than changing to sky

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Collette_O
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 63 of 65
Flag for a moderator

Hi SJC24,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Is this happening on all channels that you watch or just certain channels?  Do you use any audio equipment like surround sound?

Let me know and I can check further.

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 64 of 65
Flag for a moderator

@SJC24 wrote:

Still having problems with the sound distorting on my 2nd box and tried different outlets. Can turn the box off about 3 times in the evening to correct this is driving me mad. 

What else can I do ????????? Other than changing to sky

Apologies from the outset that I haven't read all of this thread.  But it is reminiscent of the problem I was having in the spring.  My new Samsung TV kept dropping sound on my V6 box.  I swapped to my other box and it was fine.  I assumed therfore that the problem lay in the (new) TV.  I trawled through the Samsung support forums in the UK & US and it is full of folks reporting sound/picture issues on Sammy TV's connected to various 3d party devices like cable boxes or soundbars - particularly with their new 4K tv's.  So I called their UK support centre and a very helpful techie connected remotely (over the internet) to my TV and isnstalled an overwrite of some "HDMI script"  And yes, you have guessed it, all has been perfect ever since.

So whilst there may be a problem in some V6 boxes causing such issues - I wouldnt exclude TV related issues  - particularly if its - new - 4K - or a Sammy !

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Can7
On our wavelength
Message 65 of 65
Flag for a moderator

Did this ever get fixed ? as my v6 has now started to do this and it cant be a yamaha amp as ive been using that with the v6 for months heh...

0 Kudos