Menu
acoma7
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Tivo V6 Media box - Smart IoT casting device for Voice \ Verbal commands etc - plans?

I would love to see the top box become enabled for Google Home and Alexa home automation.

Currently using Netflix, Amazon Prime VIdeo, Smart TV and Chromecast functions where I can issue instructions verbally, such as "Pause TV" or "Rewind 4 Minutes" etc. But when using Virgin Media viewing, I cant do this and considering the future, are you thinking about this, is it coming, will it be an upgrade to the V6 box etc. If you made your device a cast all device you would take alot of steam out of other hardware suppliers as I select films etc all on my phone and cast to my chosen smart device, i.e. Chromecast or smart tv

I look forward to hearing from someone on this

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo V6 Media box - Smart IoT casting device for Voice \ Verbal commands etc - plans?

@acoma7 wrote:

I would love to see the top box become enabled for Google Home and Alexa home automation.

Currently using Netflix, Amazon Prime VIdeo, Smart TV and Chromecast functions where I can issue instructions verbally, such as "Pause TV" or "Rewind 4 Minutes" etc. But when using Virgin Media viewing, I cant do this and considering the future, are you thinking about this, is it coming, will it be an upgrade to the V6 box etc.

The V6 box is the latest standard box. This is already being tested with the new Horizon 4 firmware in other LG areas in Europe. Voice control will be one of the new features.

If you made your device a cast all device you would take alot of steam out of other hardware suppliers as I select films etc all on my phone and cast to my chosen smart device, i.e. Chromecast or smart tv

While multiroom boxes are still being rented to customers don't expect this feature to be available (for the obvious reasons).

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos