Menu
Highlighted
ARG1UK
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Boxes keep disconnecting and wont work with each other

Getting really brassed off with this now, we have the full house pack and 2 tivo boxes one in the living room, one in the lounge. We recently had a lovely engineer visit who said the drop out iissue was the attentuator so she changed all 3, 1 on the hub and 2 on each of the V6 boxes! the internet seemed ok but now the signal strenght keeps dropping according to each tivo box, they keep dropping out and I have to more than once a day re boot both systems V6 boxes just to get them to see each other.

When they do connect, the images keeps dropping out, you cant fast forward without the image freezing etc, and it often misses a few seconds then re starts, both boxes have randomly rebooted themselves several times now and its really getting on my nerves!

Its beyond a bloomin joke and if I dont get this sorted soon I will  to ditch Virgin and go back to Sky perhaps. I'm going to give you one more chance to get this right and fixed Virgin, replace my v6 boxes and lets see if that sorts this bloody mess out. I am paying over £110 a month and not getting the service we are paying for!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Boxes keep disconnecting and wont work with each other

You will have to wait up to a week here for Virgin Media to respond.

If you need a more urgent response, you will need to call and ask for yet another engineer visit.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If I interpret this correctly you have x2 V6's (not Tivo's?) connected to the Hub by wifi that are ok except when trying to "talk to each other".  If that's correct, then I suggest you connect the V6's to the Hub (Hub3?) by Cat5e/6a ethernet cables.  If you cant do that then I think you will need to improve the wifi signal at their location, or connect them via powerline adapters.  You can check the "quality" of the connection if you go  Home>Help>Settings>Network - post back what that reports for each box.  Might not be the only problem you have but you should eliminate it as a variable - maybe get some cheap Cat5e cable runs from eBay to try it.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
ARG1UK
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have tried to connect both boxes with Devolo power adapters and neither box will work with them connected. I cant understand why? the hub is upstairs and the boxes are downstairs but we use the wifi with no problems at all its just the boxes that are playing up

0 Kudos
ARG1UK
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

And the signal on both boxes can go from 100% excellent to 25 % poor in a few minutes, its shocking

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@ARG1UK wrote:

And the signal on both boxes can go from 100% excellent to 25 % poor in a few minutes, its shocking

I have two V6's connected on 5GHz wifi networks and both are always  >95%.  But that is because I dont use the Hub's wifi - I have the Hub in modem mode and use my own (Apple) kit to provide excellent and stable wifi coverage in the house.  Some variant of that might be helpful for you.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos