Menu
Highlighted
Leesylou80
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Subtitles on Colors not working

I have been watching Colors TV and one day the subtitles just disappeared. I've checked that they were turned on in both the channel and system settings and subtitles are working for all other channels. I had my parents (who are on Sky) check to see if they could get subtitles on the channel and they could so its obviously a Virgin problem. Recordings from last weekend on that channel still have the subtitles. Has the snow made the subtitles disappear?! 

Any help greatly appreciated. Hopefully it will be a quick fix.

Lynny68
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Subtitles on Colors not working

I've got the same problem. Had subtitles on Tuesday, since then nothing. Checked they're  working on other channels and all fine it looks like it's just Colors channel that is not showing them. Very frustrating 

0 Kudos
Leesylou80
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It's SO frustrating!! Especially as my parents on Sky TV can get the subtitles up so it's not Colors themselves that have the problem. I've reset I don't know how many times but nothing.

It's all going rather downhill for me with Virgin. Been with them since 2002 and the last year has been awful. From very low broadband speeds (despite paying for the most expensive!) to the new "improved" app(s) to this subtitle issue... I don't feel very inclined to carry on with them. In the app, I get Chinese subtitles as do a few others but has it been fixed? Has anyone updated me/us? No. Ridiculous to pay so much money for so many things!

Sorry...needed to vent. Thank you for listening!

0 Kudos
Leesylou80
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Its fixed!! Thank you!! Not to sound ungrateful but now all we need is the app to play English subtitles when its supposed to instead of Chinese.

But genuinely glad that the TV bit is fixed.20180306_000720_1520295035558_1520295144297.png

0 Kudos