Menu
MarkWith
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error code S102

I have the same issue. I had my installation last week and Virgin provided me with some older boxes to get me going. The V6 boxes arrived today and I followed the instructions to get the boxes going, one works, one has the S102 error. After 6 hours on and off calling Virgin Media no solution was forthcoming. Five calls to the Faults team, in one call I was transferred to Retentions, one call I was transferred to Sales, one call I was transferred to Pre-installations. Transferred from Faults, to Sales, and back to Faults. On the webchat I thought I was getting somewhere, was told that I would be transferred to someone in tech who could help and then got transferred to the automated chat bot, which was no help at all. 

On top of that through the conversations it appears that my account has been messed up as now my VM app says now that I don't have TV or Broadband services. One person told me that I have an installation outstanding and that I have phone services installed but there is another installation to come. I told them that all was installed last week, it is all working and the only problem I have is with one of the V6 boxes not working, this seemed to stump them and then they tried to setup an installation date on the 23rd December for the phantom installation that I don't have outstanding. Finally the V6 boxes arrived with no remote controls. The old remotes work to some extent but they are not fully compatible. I am not sure how I am going to unpick this, I don't know where to start. I wish they could just take these boxes away and supply another two with remotes, pre-registered and then I can get on with my life. 

Not quite sure how an organisation can get it so wrong.... Not a good start to my relationship with Virgin Media. 

MarkWith
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Box S102 Error - Unable to Acquire Channel Info

I have the same issue. I had my installation last week and Virgin provided me with some older boxes to get me going. The V6 boxes arrived today and I followed the instructions to get the boxes going, one works, one has the S102 error. After 6 hours on and off calling Virgin Media no solution was forthcoming. Five calls to the Faults team, in one call I was transferred to Retentions, one call I was transferred to Sales, one call I was transferred to Pre-installations. Transferred from Faults, to Sales, and back to Faults. On the webchat I thought I was getting somewhere, was told that I would be transferred to someone in tech who could help and then got transferred to the automated chat bot, which was no help at all. 

On top of that one of these people seems to mess up my account as now my VM app says now that I don't have TV or Broadband services. One person told me that I have an installation outstanding and that I have phone services installed but there is another installation to come. I told them that all was installed last week, it is all working and the only problem I have is with one of the V6 boxes not working, this seemed to stump them and then they tried to setup an installation date on the 23rd December. Finally the V6 boxes arrived with no remote controls. The old remotes work to some extent but they are not fully compatible. I am not sure how I am going to unpick this, I don't know where to start. I wish they could just take these boxes away and supply another two with remotes, pre-registered and then I can get on with my life. 

Not quite sure how an organisation can get it so wrong.... Not a good start to my relationship with Virgin Media. 

Tags (2)
MarkWith
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I managed to get my box 'fixed'. It took some amount of phone calls, sitting in from of an online webchat, and around 4 days in duration until I managed to get to the right team to sort it out. Hopefully this is just teething problems and the future remains bright. The damage done to my account also appears to have Neen fixed today. Now I just need to get the remotes for the V6 boxes and all will be in order.

If I was to do it again I think I would just tell the support team that I have an S102 error and give no more information than that. Too much information confuses thus leading to the problem with my account and the getting transferred to Sales, Retentions, Pre-imstallation and other teams I was transferred to throughout this'process'. 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi MarkWith,

That sounds like a right mess around. Pleased to hear you now have a working connection.

You can order the correct  remotes via this direct link  Order new remote 

I realise some may be coming soon, but may as well have a spare too. Plus using the link further down that page is a link to download the TV Control app which can be used as an alternative V6 remote.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
MarkWith
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. I managed to order one remote while I was getting my account fixed, but they said that they are low in stock so were unwilling to order me two remotes, so I will order another via the link you have given and see what happens. Cheers, Mark. 

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi if the worst comes to the worst, you can buy a new one on eBay or Amazon, I know you shouldn't have to pay for it but might reduce your blood pressure. Regards Micky
0 Kudos