Menu
MartyH47
Joining in
Message 11 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor picture quality and pixelation

Hi

Recently my v6 box has started pixelating with most channels unwatchable. Ive reset the box numerous times with no success. Ive checked all connections and cables.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rebecca_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 12 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Hi MartyH47, 

Welcome to the Community. I'm sorry that you're having trouble with the picture on your V6 box. 

I've taken a look at your account and can see that we have an open fault in the area that may be causing this to happen. We currently have a review date set for Wednesday 14th March at 2pm. If you're still experiencing any issues after then, let me know and i'll take another look for you. 

Take care 

Rebecca 

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos
Daints187
Joining in
Message 13 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

I've recently upgraded to the V6 box and once installed the picture on the tv was bad and blacking out. The video setting was 2016p but got told to change it to 1080p which is brilliant but I have a 4K Samsung tv and thought the V6 box was 4K. Any idea on why I can’t view it in 4K.

Many thanks in advanced

0 Kudos
StokeBloke59
Tuning in
Message 14 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Exactly the same here Dainty, I had a engineer out last week changed all the splitters and the box and it’s still crap and streaming is unbelievable crap, and it’s starting to make me angry now. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 15 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Hi Daints187

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting.

Sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing with the video settings.

Our V6 box is 4K ready for when this becomes available, but we currently don't stream in 4K or have any channels available in 4K.

Here is a link to the V6 box specifications (here).

Hope this information helps.

Louise

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

deans6571
Problem sorter
Message 16 of 44
Flag for a moderator

@Daints187wrote:

Hi all,

I've recently upgraded to the V6 box and once installed the picture on the tv was bad and blacking out. The video setting was 2016p but got told to change it to 1080p which is brilliant but I have a 4K Samsung tv and thought the V6 box was 4K. Any idea on why I can’t view it in 4K.

Many thanks in advanced

....because VM don't currently have an 4K content other than via Netflix and YouTube.

MartyH47
Joining in
Message 17 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Hi. Its still no better. If anything its worse. Full pixelation and bad sound. Do you know what the problem is please? Im effectively paying for a service which at the moment i cant use. Thanks

0 Kudos
Daints187
Joining in
Message 18 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that link and info, so I’m guessing that it’s pointless in gettin the V6 box if it doesn’t have any 4K broadcasting, maybe they should of done a upscaling box for 4K then people will be happy with it. 

Thank again

daints187

0 Kudos
StokeBloke59
Tuning in
Message 19 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Imagine spending £1000 plus on a 4K tv, then letting a £50 virgin box do the upscaling. Which do you think would be better at upscaling? The 50quid box or the the tv that’s probably had a thousand engineers designing it. 

0 Kudos
Gabstar_79
Joining in
Message 20 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Hi im having the same problem. Have called and spoke to tech team but its not resolved and its fruatrating me. Please can you help?

0 Kudos