Menu
sku11meister
Fibre optic
Message 21 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Tivo Cuts recodings short

I will see what Virgin say, and see what options there are to try and resolve this. To be honest I think this tivo is just a pile of crap. We are not having a very good experience with it and to be honest, for what its costing us a month im seriously considering ditching it all together and save the money. Cant belive that virgin are using a stb that is so flawed. Im hoping its just I am unlucky and have a faulty tivo! If not i cant see me keeping it.

on a positive note i cannot fault the broadband! thats awesome! very fast and works 99% of the time! just a shame they are let down by a substandard stb.

** ++ Superhub 3 (Modem Mode) - Vivid500 - Unifi USG - Unifi Access Points - HP Procurve 24 managed switch - Netgear GS108 Switches - FTP and Plex Servers - NAS Drives ++ **
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 22 of 26
Flag for a moderator

I will send you a private message sku11meister

Just check your messages top right of the screen 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
sku11meister
Fibre optic
Message 23 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi, just to let everyone know.. Virgin engineer came, had a look .. swapped the Tivo as he agreed it was faulty, and also the hard drive was already noisy (only a few months old) .

since having the new one it seems ok so far, but not really had the chance to test it.. but so far so good 🙂 .. thanks Gareth and Virgin team for sorting this 🙂

** ++ Superhub 3 (Modem Mode) - Vivid500 - Unifi USG - Unifi Access Points - HP Procurve 24 managed switch - Netgear GS108 Switches - FTP and Plex Servers - NAS Drives ++ **
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 24 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Thanks sku11meister for letting us know as well

Always great to hear a happy ending 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Staciejane
Just browsing
Message 25 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Mine is exactly the same its infuriating i have the new vivo box have been with virgin just under a month now..wishing i had never swapped to virgin....i feel so cross i am now in a contact. I have never had any problems with sky, i could pause live tv and go back to it quite a bit later and just press play and could carry on watching untill i decided to press the main sky button to get back to real time...also never had any problem where the  planned recordings had been cut short. Its very annoying 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 26 of 26
Flag for a moderator

A big hello and welcome to the Virgin Media community forums Staciejane.

Sorry to hear that you're having problems with your recordings.

The issue that you're having is that with every recording or just the odd programme that its happening on? If it is every programme, you can add extra time onto your recordings to make sure that nothing is missed off.

With regards to pausing live tv, you should be able to do exactly the same as you did on Sky. 

Thanks

Steven_L 

0 Kudos