Menu
Highlighted
Lauraknowles
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Netflix issue on TiVo and v6

On v6 my Netflix will load what I’m watching, to 24% exactly that every time then freeze and freeze the whole box so it has to be powered off and on at the switch. My TiVo upstairs takes an age to load Netflix and sometimes also completely freezes. Same with some other catch up channels, bbc iplayer etc. Is there an easy fix to this?
0 Kudos
MaverickRhino
Dialled in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Netflix issue on TiVo and v6

I have exactly the same issue on my 2 V6 boxes.

Maybe once a week the Netflix app gets to 24% and gets stuck. Only fix I have found is to power off the V6.

Needs fixing Virgin.

Lauraknowles
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yep, exactly the same. When we got the v6 we were told that would fix Netflix issues, it hasn’t. One thing it did fix was that god awful constant blinking noise the TiVo box made. I’m still stuck with the one upstairs but I just have to power it off to sleep.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Josh_RW
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lauraknowles,

Thanks for posting!

I'm really sorry to hear you're having trouble with Netflix and On Demand.

I've run diagnostics on your equipment and I can see an issue with your input signal levels as well as quite a few timeout errors in the logs. I'd like to send a technician to check this out for you.

I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment.

Speak soon

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
deans6571
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Josh_RW wrote:

Hi Lauraknowles,

Thanks for posting!

I'm really sorry to hear you're having trouble with Netflix and On Demand.

I've run diagnostics on your equipment and I can see an issue with your input signal levels as well as quite a few timeout errors in the logs. I'd like to send a technician to check this out for you.

I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment.

Speak soon

Josh

....can I ask why this thread has been answered to and the issue diagnosed, when the post was put up on Saturday and yet, here : http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/Netflix-keeps-freezing-on-V6-box/td-p/3541496/page/..., the posts were written BEFORE Saturday and have still not been answered????

This suggests that EVERY person who has an issue with Netflix, needs to create a brand new post and thread because adding to an already existing thread with the same issue, will get ignored.........??!?

Smiley Indifferent

Forum Team (Retired) Josh_RW
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi deans6571,

Thanks for posting!

We respond to posts by oldest post first. If the Community responds on a thread then it pushes it further back in the queue.

The thread you linked shows the latest post was made yesterday, whereas this post's last response was Saturday. 

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

EIleen_S
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

We are having the same problem please check our service too pls 

0 Kudos
Dawngrogan
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix issue v6

Netflix will not load on one of v6 boxes loads on other one perfectly and other devices. Just v6 box upstairs it get stuck on loading screen with circle turning. It did work previously just since yesterday it had stopped, tried rebooting no luck. On demand is working

0 Kudos