Menu
Highlighted
Caldwellian
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

C133 error.

Had my coaxial cable damaged by one of my children. Tried using a broadband extender kit (1000mbps) instead so I don't have a repeat scenario. Broadband/wifi is working again but I am getting a c133 error on the TV. I have the v6 TiVo box. Everything else seems to be ok. Rebooted router, broadband extender and TV box several times and am now out of ideas. Please help. I cant phone as my phoneline doesn't seem to be working either.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: C133 error.

HI Caldwellian

The C133 error is usually a network connection issue.

Your can check the details of active issue by going to https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status and entering your postcode

Please let us know how it goes. 

Kind regards 

Chris. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

HI Caldwellian

The C133 error is usually a network connection issue.

Your can check the details of active issue by going to https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status and entering your postcode

Please let us know how it goes. 

Kind regards 

Chris. 

0 Kudos
Caldwellian
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris, 

Thanks for the reply. I have run the tests but it cant find any faults. On the front of my v6 TiVo box, there is two orange arrows also. The broadband extender kit is lit up to say that it is functioning. I have rebooted everything a few times. Sometimes the error is a c130 or a c131. Mostly comes up as c133. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

How often does this occur Caldwellian

0 Kudos
Caldwellian
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It was fine until my toddler got hold of the coaxial cable. Both TV and broadband worked until a week or so ago. Broadband wasn't working so tried to remedy with a broadband extender kit. TV hasn't worked since around sunday 10/03/2019. Broadband is fine now. 

0 Kudos
michaeldavis
Well-informed
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Your V6 box requires a connection to the Virgin fibre network and an internet connection.

The fault you describe suggests that the cable connection to your V6 box is faulty and as you had an internet connection issue at the same time, chances are that the cable, the connector or the splitter is faulty.

You should telephone virgin and request an engineer to check the cable and connections.

You can't learn anything from a mistake until you admit that you've made it.
0 Kudos
Caldwellian
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Michael. 

It has now come to the point of arranging for an engineer. I have one booked. My phone line isn't working either, so perhaps there is a bigger issue somewhere. 

Thank you for your reply. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Ben_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Let us know how this engineer appointment goes. Hopefully we'll be able to get this resolved for you quickly! 

Ben_N

0 Kudos