Menu
DesolationRow
Just joined
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

BT SPORT UHD ON V6

I recently upgraded my Tivo box to the V6 after I was told by VM that I would be able to access 4k content on youtube, netflix and BT Sport.

Netflix and youtube are in 4k but how do I access the BT Sport UHD channel on the V6 ? 

BT sport say to go to channel 433 but on the V6 that is a subscription page to sky cinema

I have just got off the phone with a virgin rep who told me BT sport isn't broadcast in UHD !

Have I been mis-sold the v6 ?

cheers

0 Kudos
HavencroftKev
Superfast
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: BT SPORT UHD ON V6

You have been mis-sold I'm afraid, BT Sport is NOT currently available to Virgin Media customers in 4K/UHD and I am not aware of any plans in the near future to make it available.

I was mis-sold Sky Sports HD last year, I was told it was part of the package I had agreed with VM and indeed I was receiving Sky Sports HD. However I received an email in the latter part of last year saying I was receiving Sky Sports HD in error and if I wanted to continue enjoying the HD services I would need to cough up an extra £7 a month.

I would email the Chief Exec explaining the situation and get out of your contract.

hemelvirgin
Superfast
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

hi,

no news then so far on btsports uhd channels being offered to vm.
i expect bt wont there pound of flesh from vm !
bobbrowne
Tuning in
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Yes u have just like me . I continue to pester virgin every day the box is 4k and uhd ready but not enabled . If you have a 4k tv netflix and youview are built in apps they have 4k content so basically no point what so ever in having a v6 box. I watch sky sports its in digital bt sports is in stereo you pay £85 a month and dont expect this. Virgin need to pull there finger out.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

bobbrowne wrote:
Yes u have just like me . I continue to pester virgin every day the box is 4k and uhd ready but not enabled . If you have a 4k tv netflix and youview are built in apps they have 4k content so basically no point what so ever in having a v6 box. I watch sky sports its in digital bt sports is in stereo you pay £85 a month and dont expect this. Virgin need to pull there finger out.

The problem is BT are also a TV platform provider as well as owning their own sports channels. They are under no obligation to sell to other providers, so can & do use "exclusive" UHD content to lure other platforms customers to jump ship. Sky is doing the same with their own UHD Sports channels. This happened a while ago when HD first came out so don't be surprised its happening again. 

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

HavencroftKev
Superfast
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Haha Virgin will never get BT Sport in UHD/4K. I am fairly sure the new Sky/BT deal announced last month has seen all hope of that happening.
brooksy79
Superfast
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

HavencroftKev
Superfast
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Looks like I was wrong BT Sport UHD is coming to Virgin Media, which is brilliant!! However there is still some confusion as to what packages it will available on, despite Virgin Media's press release. 

0 Kudos
dante01
Rising star
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

@HavencroftKev wrote:

Looks like I was wrong BT Sport UHD is coming to Virgin Media, which is brilliant!! However there is still some confusion as to what packages it will available on, despite Virgin Media's press release. 

You should get it without any additional cost if you've the FULL HOUSE or the VIP package, but Virgin have made a mistake on at least one of their web pages where it is suggested that the channel will only be made available to VIP customers for free. See here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/BT-Sport-UHD-only-via-VIP-and-not-Full-House/td-p/...

0 Kudos
HavencroftKev
Superfast
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I contacted Virgin today to try and clear this up as I'd also notice the channel listings showed it wasn't on the Full House bundle. The person I spoke wasn't sure what bundles it will be available on. I do hope the press release is correct.