Menu
fais
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

landline dead for two months

Hi,

We went away from 30 September 2017 and back on the 6th December 2017.

My daughter who doesn't live with  us comes twice a week to check on the house and call us.

She  tried to call us from our home virgin media phone on Wednesday 4th October but was unable to. 

The message on the handset display said "land cord error, please check".  So the line was not used since.  I checked the line yesterday when we came back and found it to be dead.  I reported it and an engineer arrived quite late today and eventually got the phone going around 5 pm. He said that he put us on a different slot or something on the board.

It is quite odd that last time we went on holiday and back in April I discovered that the phone number has been changed. I reported the matter then and engineer told me what had happened and put it right by getting our number back.  He said that someone has swapped the two slots.

I am paying a lot of money for this service and it was unusable for over two months and my daughter was inconvenienced and had to use other means to call us at a considerable expense to  herself.

Thank you.

Faisal

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: landline dead for two months

Hi fais,

Welcome to the community. 

I am sorry for the disruption caused during the time the landline wasn't working.  Is it all up and running now?

If the line was swapped it was most likely in error.  I am sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Should you have any further problems please don't hesitate to give us a shout here as we can help.

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
fais
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

hi Collette,

Thanks for the sympathy.

What about all the money I paid for two months for a dead landline ?

Faisal

0 Kudos
fais
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, may I make a correction, it could be  the 8th October not the 4th October when the problem started. I am relying on memory and have nothing written down and I have not spoken to my daughter about it yet.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi fais

Loss of service credits are provided to you by our Care and Faults teams.

If you have not already been in touch they would be happy to apply this for you,

You can contact them via 150 or 0345 454 1111 or via Webchat for any billing or package related queries where they can clear security with you.

Webchat can be contacted via the site online and you can speak to them if you prefer this option by choosing the Chat Online option:

E.G-Account and Billing > Manage Your Account Online

Additionally we can look at making sure this is recorded on the account for you when you get in touch.

If you can pop back to the PM I've sent to you for me to check to make sure this has been documented that would be great.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos