Menu
vipat
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Phone line dead since joining Virgin Media. No ringtone.

My phone line has been dead since joining and activating Virgin Media on 3 November.  There is no ring tone.

Is this normal? Let me know what is happening and when I will be getting a working phone line.

I tried to contact Virgin Media through live chat but was unable to.

I hope I will be compensated for the days I have had no line. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone line dead since joining Virgin Media. No ringtone.

it will take VM about a week to reply here and they can book you an engineer. Or you can call in and book one

0 Kudos
ntruby
Tuning in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Or you can call in and book one

Or you can book an engineer online.   But, inexplicably, VM allows you only to do this a couple of days ahead so if like me you're around only intermittently, you can't book one for when you know you'll be in, you have to wait until a day or two before and hope that slots will be available.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Collette_O
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi vipat,

Welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear that your landline wasn't working at time of installation.  I'd like to help and look into this with you so I will request some details in a private message.

Look for the purple envelope icon above.

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
vipat
Joining in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

apcyberax, ntruby and Collette_O - Thank you all for responding.

Collette_O - I have responded to you with the information that you asked for. Please let me know when I will have a working phone line. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
vipat
Joining in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette

Thank you for letting me know about the Engineer's appointment. Since I won't have a working phone line for about one month after placing my order, could you please request a refund or compensation for the period I will be without this service. Also, could you let me know why it is taking so long for the engineer to be sent round.

I will keep you posted as to what happens on 27 November.

0 Kudos
vipat
Joining in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Joe

Thank you for contacting me. Just to update you, the engineers called yesterday but since they didn’t leave a service checklist and didn’t explain what they did I am unable to say what work was carried out, I can however confirm  that the issues are/were outside my property. They informed me that they would need to arrange for another team at Virgin Media to connect me to a new line and to carry out some making good work.

Also, I asked to keep my old number but it appears that I have been assigned a new one.

When signing up to Virgin Media services I was given a code and was expecting a guaranteed £50 credit in my first bill, this does not appear on this bill.

In addition, my contract was for a £27 per month Vivid 100 optical fibre, why then am I being charged £41.75 per month?

Furthermore, the compensation for no service since joining does not appear on my bill.

Please also let me know why it has taken so long for the engineers to come round.

This is not a good start to joining Virgin Media, I hope I don’t regret it.

I would be grateful if you would take a look into these issues for me and let me know what is going on.

Please treat this as a COMPLAINT if my bill is not corrected and my issues remain unresolved.

0 Kudos
vipat
Joining in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hello Joe_F

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my email. Apparently I have reached the limit for the number of private messages that I can send so I am posting here. I would be grateful if you could let me know which of the issues outlined will be covered in the complaint and what date the loss of service credit started from.

Also, could you let me know what was carried out on the 27th please.

The £50 credit code was provided to me by Jenn from Virgin Media web chat at 14:26 on 30 October and was applied in the order placed on the same day.

I hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Can you try logging out and logging back in and that should let you PM again Smiley Happy

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
vipat
Joining in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Joe_F. I will give that a try.

0 Kudos