Menu
Highlighted
ke1tha1ng3
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No Dial Tone

After a service engineer visit for tv issues today , I noticed some time later that my landline has no dial tone!!

I have tried another unit plugged in and its the same.

If I dial my home number from a mobile it sounds as though it is ringing but nothing on the landline.

The online tests showed no fault.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No Dial Tone

Hi ke1tha1ng3,

Thanks for posting and I'm sorry to hear that you're without your landline at the moment.

I have checked your line and I'd like to arrange for a technician to fix this for you so I'm just going to pop you a private message which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Talk to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
angie36
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have no dialing tone, have run a test but only goes up to 99% then nothing else happens if I use my mobile to ring the landline it says line busy.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi angie36,

Just to let you know I have replied to your message here.

Thanks

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
george_chatzi
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I am having a similar issue.

An engineer came for a brand new bundle installation last Wednesday.  Broadband and TV were successfully installed, but I had no phone available to test the landline. I plugged in a brand new phone on Saturday but there was no dial tone.  I ran the online tests and there seems to be no problem with the line.

Thank you 

George

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi George

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry for the problems you've been experiencing with your telephone service recently. 

If you're plugged into the master telephone socket, I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come and take a closer look, if you're available? 

I'll send you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi George

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly and confirming the appointment. 

We'd love to hear how it goes and will be here should you need any assistance or support with your service moving forward.

Take care

Craig

0 Kudos
angie36
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Had this issue a few weeks ago once again no dial tone

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

HI Angie36

I'm sorry for the problems you've been experiencing with your telephone service recently. 

Usually we ask that you create your own thread for a member of the team to take a closer look although I'd like to help in this situation. 

I've run some tests from our end and if you're still experiencing issues, I'd like to arrange for a member of the team to come and take a closer look. 

I'll send you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page. 

Talk soon

Craig

0 Kudos