Menu
vincent79
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Being charged for Mobile Calls on Anytime Package

I recently took out the “Talk More Anytime package” for £8.00 per month after being told by a virgin rep that calls to Mobile numbers were all inclusive anytime.

I’ve just received my bill and I’ve been charged an additional £9.29 for calls of which £8.03 was for 2 calls to a mobile number??? I called up customer services who said that calls made to GiffGaff mobiles or Lyca Mobile are NOT included and just kept going round in circles saying that all this information is stated on the website and only UK mobiles are included etc.

I called what was a UK mobile number (11 digits – starting 074) to someone who lives in and was in the UK at the time of the call. How am I or anyone else for that matter supposed to know that the person I’m going to be calling may be on the Giffgaff network or the Lyca Mobile network?

On the link below it says Mobile Numbers, so you would assume that an 11 digit number is fine. No where does it say that any number starting 074 or on Giffgaff or Lyca are excluded
http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/phone/compare.html

I also have a Virgin Mobile Sim with inclusive minutes, yet on here I can call use my inclusive minutes to make calls to anyone on Giffgaff or Lyca. So why does the same not apply on the inclusive landline package?

Virgin Media need to be more clear on this as there is obviously an issue here. As currently there is no way for anyone to know (who dial what looks like a standard UK 11 digit mobile) if the person they are calling will result in a charge on their so called ‘inclusive’ package!!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Being charged for Mobile Calls on Anytime Package

Hi vincent79,

Thanks for posting on the community.

I can see that you've spoken with the team since your post who have advised you the same information regarding the Lyca and GiffGaff network.

I can only apologise that this information was not clear to you but your feedback is always welcome and we're always trying to improve the service that we provide to our customers.

Hopefully there will be no further issues regarding this but please give us a shout if there is.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos