Menu
wodsy69
On our wavelength
Message 91 of 270
Flag for a moderator

Re: iPhone unlock request

Apple locks to the first SIM that was put in there, Virgin were using EE and are now moving to their own network, therefore the new SIM then sees it as a change of network - there is quite a long waiting time it seems to get the phone unlocked - I am up to nearly 3 weeks now

If you look at some of the other posts they have been phoning EE and getting it unlocked for £8.99

Sorry :-(
0 Kudos
martin579
Tuning in
Message 92 of 270
Flag for a moderator

Phoning EE seems to be the quickest way. It costs £8.99 but they got my iPhone unlocked in less than 24 hours and it now works fine with the new SIM card. 

dereks3482
Tuning in
Message 93 of 270
Flag for a moderator

Why should we have to pay for something outside of our control. Virgin have moved to their own network away from EE - their choice but I shouldn’t have to suffer such inconvenience or financial impact. 

Virgin should pay the fee and get this sorted in 24 hours. They are currently alienating customers. I will be looking elsewhere - there are plenty of other providers that do value customers. This is even more disappointing as I have been a loyal virgin customer for many years

dereks3482
Tuning in
Message 94 of 270
Flag for a moderator

Solved it myself- just phone EE, pay £8.99 and it was unlocked in less than 24 hours

0 Kudos
Mornebeck
Joining in
Message 95 of 270
Flag for a moderator

Please send a code, I am unable to get into my phone now- thanks
Defrag12
Joining in
Message 96 of 270
Flag for a moderator

We are having the same issue with one of our phones.  Please forward detail of how to fix.

Thanks

Martin

boomally
Joining in
Message 97 of 270
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem with my son's iPhone. It's been ongoing since January and still not resolved.

chas4
Tuning in
Message 98 of 270
Flag for a moderator

Since putting my new sim into my iphone, it now says sim not supported. 

diesel111
Tuning in
Message 99 of 270
Flag for a moderator

Same problem here. Was advised to reset my handset (iphone 6) but wish not to use such a drastic approach.

Would have preferred to have been properly informed before the change but hey that would require a bit of effort.

Please help!

ToniLH
Joining in
Message 100 of 270
Flag for a moderator

I’m having the same issue on IPhone 6