Menu
dannic1994
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Worth sending XZ2 for repair?

Hello!

I have a sony xperia xz2 with... I don't know how long left on contract

I saw a deal for a huawei p20 pro for cheap with cashback so pulled the trigger and got it a nice case and screen protector as i neglected that with my current phone

my XZ2 works perfectly fine, but the back case is smashed in places and the front screen is fine but a bit scratched (nothing too bad)

would it be worth sending the device in for a repair, and does anybody know an estimated cost? or should I just sell it to some phone purchasing company for £60? I tried to find the repair costs using the virgin website but it just directed me to call up and ask, but honestly I hate phone calls as i'm quite anxious

it is, hardware-wise, superior to my new phone, but that's not what I was looking for anyway since I don't play games or anything it's not important

thanks!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Worth sending XZ2 for repair?

Now idea about VM pricing. Your local fixit shop is a better bet.

Glass backs dont cost much to change out, so you would likely make a few quid changing it and selling the phone on. That model in decent condition  you'll likely get north of 140 quid in a private sale.

0 Kudos
dannic1994
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

thanks! i was thinking of checking my local shop, but prices online were saying £100 for a repair and gave me a bit of a heart attack, i'd probably change the screen too while im at it, i've never had any phones repaired before but happier if you say they dont cost that much

will pop down tomorrow and ask around!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If you want the screen replaced as well, your are likely looking over 100 quid.

0 Kudos