Menu
a_ukboy
Dialled in
Message 11 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media Connect App repeatedy needs to check my sim

I experience exactly the same issues, I’m using an iPhone XS Max, I don’t have the dual sim feature enabled.. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 12 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

Just to check, do any of you who are affected by this issue have any VPN software installed on your device?

This can cause the app to not recognise the SIM as a valid connection, in the same way that a VPN will prevent the app from connecting to a Virgin hub.

Have you also tried manually connecting to the Viring network to try again?

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
sunny1234
Tuning in
Message 13 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media Connect App does not recognise my SIM

I'm having this same problem where the Virgin Media Connect app tells me "Sorry, we're having problems" and to try again later.

I have a Virgin Mobile SIM-Only on an Apple iPhone XR with software 12.3.1 with carrier Virgin 36.0 - I have ported my number across from my previous mobile provider. I do not have any other Virgin Media products. I am only using one SIM card in my iPhone.

0 Kudos
Magellan
Tuning in
Message 14 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rachael,

No VPN, I use the Opera browser which has a VPN option in the desktop version, but no sign of this in the mobile app.

What is the Viring network?

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 15 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Viring looks like a accidental mistype, should be Vermin Virgin 😆

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
sunny1234
Tuning in
Message 16 of 35
Flag for a moderator

I’ve only just joined the network so we’re not off to a great start. I do honestly hope that this WiFi hotspot feature via Virgin Media Connect does start working soon...

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 17 of 35
Flag for a moderator

@sunny1234 wrote:

I’ve only just joined the network so we’re not off to a great start. I do honestly hope that this WiFi hotspot feature via Virgin Media Connect does start working soon...

Depending on how long ago "just joined means"?

With a new SIM/number or a ported number - it can take about 3 days before Virgin's system fully updates for the apps to work.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
sunny1234
Tuning in
Message 18 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Signed up on Thursday, received SIM card with Saturday's post and number transfer took place earlier today. I didn't realise that it takes a few days for all the systems to update, as I didn't see this mentioned anywhere.

I will give it a few days and report back as to whether or not it has started working.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
sunny1234
Tuning in
Message 19 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Update: It’s all working now!! Smiley Happy

MontyMole
Tuning in
Message 20 of 35
Flag for a moderator

I am still having the problem I originally reported that the app keeps wanting to check my SIM almost everytime I open it and then wants me to re-enter my fibre login too.

As suggested I used the Contact Us option in the app. The person who responded initially made it clear that they could only deal with questions relating to the fibre part and for anything to do with the mobile account I would need to ring 789 - which seemed strange. Anyway they eventually said that the app could not have you logged in via checking your SIM and via your broadband account cos logging in one would kick out the other (although the app never notifies you of this).

But I dont think this is the case as I have tried just letting it check the sim and not logging in to broadband and I still get the prompt to check the sim each time. If you cant log into both then it seems like a poor app design. And what is the point of having a contact us within the app where the first response is to say they cant fully support the app only the broadband part of it.

So I am no closer to getting this sorted unless there are some other suggestions