Menu
pdl_nsm
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Customer Care text messaging service not working?

On the 15th at 16:09 I sent a follow-up text to an ongoing SIM issue with my 14-year-old's phone (since 789 had something like a 20 minute wait, I decided to follow up by text from a conversation 2 or 3 days previously, as indicated I could). I received an immediate auto reply (saying "busier than normal ... on the case as soon as possible"). Just over 24 hours later (16:39 on the 16th May), after having no reply, I sent a follow-up text. No auto reply. At 18:08 on the 16th I sent another follow-up text. No auto reply. I ring 789 about an hour later and note that while being told there's something like a 30 minute wait to be answered the option to continue via text message by pressing "1" has been removed from the auto message. Still no reply this morning to any of my last 3 texts to VCC.

So, has the text messaging option been removed permanently?

It's obviously a difficult time with outages, but I'm beginning to wish I'd never transferred from Vodafone. Though the issue I'm trying to sort is not with my Virgin contract but my son's, it was my transfer from Vodafone (better signal in the house due to being EE carrier) and Virgin erroneously applying the PAC number to his number rather than mine that has led to my son being without a signal for over 5 weeks because we can't get a working SIM in his phone!

Frustrated and miffed, what? You bet!

0 Kudos
pdl_nsm
Joining in
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Customer Care text messaging service not working?

UPDATE: VCC SMS working again as of 13:12. Perhaps it's even been restored to an option on 789.
0 Kudos