Menu
Ibelly372
Joining in
Message 11 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Re: Texting Australia

I'm one of those few people who refuse to use Facebook. But thanks for your help. 

0 Kudos
Lynn4
Joining in
Message 12 of 25
Flag for a moderator

We are having this exact same problem.  Three members of our family, all on Virgin, all different phone (only one Smart) unable to send messages to my sister in Australia.  We can receive her messages fine but unable to send. 

0 Kudos
Lynn4
Joining in
Message 13 of 25
Flag for a moderator

We are having this problem too (three members of the family, all different phones). Have just spent ages on phone to 789. She checked everything to make sure nothing barred etc and that there had been no updates regarding change to service. The only thing she could suggest was that my sim is outdated (3G) so is sending out a new sim. Really annoying to suddenly not be able to text Australia. If you haven't already called them, please set aside 40 or so minutes to call 789 and let them know you're having the same issues. They said they hadn't had any other complaints or seen anything on the forum. 😕
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 14 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Interesting bit about it being a 3G SIM, that would be EE based, the new cards are not, so I would be interested in what happens

As to 789 not seeing anything on the forum the Mumbai staff don't frequent here so I doubt they would!

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Ibelly372
Joining in
Message 15 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Both my other half and I were trying all day yesterday. My other half called 789 and they went through everything with her and then told her her phone was broken and have arranged for her to return it to them for repair, this will leave her with no phone as they aren't willing to send a replacement. The phone is less than six months old.

I'm not sure what we can do now, it's clearly a Virgin issue but getting them to acknowledge that could prove problematic. 

0 Kudos
Lynn4
Joining in
Message 16 of 25
Flag for a moderator

I know you're not on there but I've also posted a message on the virgin media facebook page. They suggested doing a 'phone fix' thing, so not much help their either. 😕

0 Kudos
Lynn4
Joining in
Message 17 of 25
Flag for a moderator

I told the support worker on 789 that it was the community forum and queried whether they are able to check it - she assured me they are aware of forum posts. Not sure how accurate that was then!
0 Kudos
Lynn4
Joining in
Message 18 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Also my Dad is on 4G, same issues as me.
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 19 of 25
Flag for a moderator

No need to send any phones off for repair, that's crazy when a whole bunch of people are affected with different type phones.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 20 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ibelly372, 

Thank you for your post. 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues faced. It's a strange one as I've never really heard of an issue like this regarding Australia apart from this thread, so I'm eager to make sure we can at least work out what's going on. When you try and send the message etc, do you get an error message or anything of the sort? 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team
0 Kudos