cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement sim card needed urgently. Tried all day, no success.

Tanty
Tuning in
  • Hi, hoping that someone is able to help please. My husband needs a replacement sim, but because he's not currently able to access any services, this is our last resource. Been trying all day without success, it's really quite urgent as his phone is the only contact number for his terminally ill mum.  
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Tanty,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear you're struggling to order a replacement SIM card. May I ask why one is needed? The reason being is that if there's a fault with the service then it's possible that a replacement SIM card might not improve matters.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Tanty,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear you're struggling to order a replacement SIM card. May I ask why one is needed? The reason being is that if there's a fault with the service then it's possible that a replacement SIM card might not improve matters.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Thanks Zach. It started with no mobile data being available, only works indoors. Messages stopped coming through, then calls went straight to voicemail. My sim works fine in his phone, so I assume it's the sim card? 

Hi @Tanty,

Thanks for getting back to me with more information on this. Are you also a Virgin Mobile customer?

Is it possible for you to test his SIM card in your handset? That can certainly help narrow down if the SIM card is at fault here.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

Thanks again. Yes, I'm also on virgin mobile, we swapped sims and the same problems occurred.

Hi @Tanty,

Thank you for trying that. It certainly suggests that the SIM card is likely the problem. I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so we can take some extra details. Please respond to this at your earliest convenience and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Tanty,

Thank you getting back to me via private message. I'm glad that a resolution has now been met with this.

If you need our help again in the future, feel free to reach back out to us here on the forums.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

Many thanks once again Zach, I know you invested time and effort into trying to help. Superstar 😊👍

Hi @Tanty,

You're more than welcome. Enjoy the rest of your day.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team