Menu
AnyaMon
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Refreshing Sim Data

Hi, my phone has been showing the message 'Refreshing Sim Data' for a couple of weeks now. I have tried resetting the Acceess Point Names as suggested in other similar posts, but the issue still hasn't resolved and since then I have not been able to connect to the internet at all. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the purple sim issue, but any pointer would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Refreshing Sim Data

Hello AnyaMon, thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

If you're experiencing this as an error message could you please try the below steps:
-Manual network search and choose any other network except Virgin or EE e.g., O2, Vodafone etc. (will tell you unable to connect or show no service) 
-Switch handset to 2G only. This can usually be found by going to the "settings" option within the menu of your phone 
-Then manually search again and choose Virgin 
-Then set back to 4G 

Keep us updated on if this works for you.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
AnyaMon
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily, thanks for getting back to me. I tried what you suggested and it seems like now I have been registered back in the network. It didn't work when I set the handset back to 4G (LTE/WCDMA/GSM), so I tried the 3G option (WDCMA/GSM) and it's working now. Does this mean I'm only allowed to use Virgin's 3G  network but not the 4G one? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the update.

Can I please confirm, when on the 3G data does the refreshing SIM data message disappear and does this reappear when selecting 4G? 

Can I also please confirm which device you're using?

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
AnyaMon
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi again, 

When I'm on the 3G data, the refreshing sim data message still appears, even more frequently than when I was without the mobile internet data. I would be browsing when the message appeared then the page I was currently at would get refreshed. When I selected the 4G option, there was no internet connection at all. 

My device is Samsung Note4.

Best,

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi AnyaMon, thanks for contacting us today. 

We are sorry about the experience which you have had with us. 

Can you confirm if the sim works in another handset for the data? 

Can you also confirm if trying the following again works? 

-Manual network search and choose any other network except Virgin or EE e.g., O2, Vodafone etc. (will tell you unable to connect or show no service) 
-Switch handset to 2G only. This can usually be found by going to the "settings" option within the menu of your phone 
-Then manually search again and choose Virgin 
-Then set back to 4G 

Kind regards 

Chris. 

0 Kudos