Menu
raduma
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Proof of Usage

Hi,

I need the proof of usage document, as my insurance company requested it.

Yesterday I called the costumer service line, requesting a proof of usage document. An operator took my details (phone number and IMEI) and filled in a form, requesting the document. Told me that I will be receiving it, in 3 to 4 hours. No issues there, I'm happy to wait till Monday/Tuesday, as I understand things take time.

My concern is, after reading most of the posts, on the same topic on this forum- Will I ever receive such a document?

Can anyone confirm, they received the proof of usage document from Virgin?

Thanks in advance!

Radu

0 Kudos
Hollie_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Proof of Usage

Hi there @raduma 

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post. 

I'm sorry to hear that you've had issues with getting this document. Just to clarify - is this proof of usage for a SIM or proof of purchase of a handset? 

Documents usually take around 5 working days and will be sent out to your home address. 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
raduma
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hollie_B,

It is a proof of usage for a SIM, that includes my handset details, as requested from the insurance company.

I would like to add that the phone was purchased NOT from Virgin, and from a private seller.

Thanks 

Radu

0 Kudos
Hollie_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi @raduma 

Thanks for your reply. We are unable to send Proof of Purchase for a Pay Monthly or Pay As You Go SIM only deals as these carry no value but we can sent you a copy of your bill as proof of usage. 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
raduma
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Hollie_B If the bill includes, my phone model and IMEI, then that would be great! 

As that is what my insurance company is requesting, Proof of Usage from Network Provider, with phone model and IMEI.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Hollie_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi @raduma 

I'm sorry, this isn't something we can provide. Your bill will show your SIM usage, however as the handset wasn't purchased via Virgin Mobile we wouldn't be able to provide the details you're asking for. 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

0 Kudos
raduma
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Hollie_B

I have been reading all the similar posts, on the same topic, and there is a forum team member who suggested, adding the IMEI to the account as third party and advise of this in an email, and then maybe the Insurance would accept it. Could you provide with this, please? I have the IMEI details.

Thanks

Radu

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi raduma,

Unfortunately we cannot add you IMEI number to your account. If you need proof of purchase you would have to go to back to wherever it was purchased from.

We do apologise this is not the answer you wanted to hear but we cannot help any further with this.

Kind regardsJodi

0 Kudos
raduma
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Jodi_S 

I never wrote about any Proof of Purchase! 

Called Virgin again, asking for a Subject Access Request of all IMEI numbers used on my account or SIM. The information is stored, and has to be provided as per GDPR! No luck, just another operator taking my details, and making me wait 48h for some email that never arrived!

I spoke to other Virgin costumers, that had the same issue, and got it resolved, but only after big complaints and long periods of time.

Why isn't Virgin Media, sending the data collected from me?

The insurance company, also confirmed, that Virgin Media can provide the Proof of Usage for a sim, they received it from other Virgin users!

Thanks

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sorry this is still on going. 

The only proof of usage for the SIM we can send is your monthly bill. 

As the handset is not ours we cannot add this onto our system. 

If you want to know more regarding GDPR please click here

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos