Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Phone number issues

I used a pac code when I ordered the new SIM card to transfer over my old number. After having the sim for a few days and a different number I had received a text that said the transfer had been completed. However, my phone now uses two numbers and my phone seems to pick and choose which number it uses randomly. This means that half of the time I don’t receive my calls and half of my texts come through on a different number. How can I fix this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone number issues

Hi Gtxollie,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your number port. 

Are you still having the same issue and have you done a reset on the phone since changing the sim?

If you are still experiencing this, please can you expand a little so I can help?

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes I am still dealing with this issue, on my virgin Mobile app it has my old number that was meant to be ported over, however, if I text or call anyone it is with the new number. I also can receive and send texts on my old number to certain people, and receive texts to my old number too. I have given my old number to a few people recently where they have had a message saying that this number no longer works

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gtxollie,

I would like to look into this further for you, I would like to invite you into a private chat, I will send you an invite shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos