Menu
BlueMeany
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No internet in dongle?

I've had a Virgin mobile contract for over a year which was 5gb and no calls/sms. Red SIM card. This was just over a tenner a month, and worked fine in a Huawei dongle.

Seeing as I was over 12 months, and seeing that there are SIM contracts now offering 10gb (with calls and sms) for same price, I ordered one and cancelled the other one.

This is a purple sim card, it works connecting to the internet when I put it in my phone. However, when I put it into the Huawei dongle it doesn't connect to the internet - the cyan light just flashes continually.

Is there a reason for that?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No internet in dongle?

Could be that your dongle is locked to EE  the purple sims dont work in locked EE devices

teabag
Superstar
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

As @jb66 advised, it could be network locked - or maybe just the APN settings need manually updating

Internet APN.
Name: WEB
APN: goto.virginmobile.uk
MCC: 234
MNC: 38
Authentication Type: CHAP

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only x2. Customer since 1993.
BlueMeany
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'll have to check back to when I bought the dongle. I'm pretty sure that I bought it network unlocked (bought it separate from a mobile internet plan)

Thanks for the response though, I'm guessing that from the reply, then there is no reason why it shouldn't work other than a dongle problem

0 Kudos
BlueMeany
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Not sure where I could find (or change) the APN settings? Dongle is Huawei E3372
0 Kudos
BlueMeany
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sussed it.

Put the working SIM card in, connected it to laptop and used 192.168.8.1 which allowed me to login to the dongle.

Changed the 'profile' settings in there to a new profile with the settings from above (basically username WEB and apn listed)

Removed dongle, inserted new sim card and reconnected. Internet working. Result.

Thanks fella's, I knew it must have been something simples.