Menu
vipermo
Dialled in
Message 21 of 196
Flag for a moderator

Re: New purple SIM - Intermittent data -

You have probably already tried this mate phoned them a few hours ago and they said to goto setting carrier take it off auto and let it scan try to connect to 02 then reboot then go back and select virgin like i said did it a few hours ago and stayed connected ill update on this ..

0 Kudos
vipermo
Dialled in
Message 22 of 196
Flag for a moderator

ALSO  Shocking this is not being picked up on here by the mods .  hmmmm

yes welcome to the club mate

0 Kudos
ryma91
On our wavelength
Message 23 of 196
Flag for a moderator

@vipermowrote:

You have probably already tried this mate phoned them a few hours ago and they said to goto setting carrier take it off auto and let it scan try to connect to 02 then reboot then go back and select virgin like i said did it a few hours ago and stayed connected ill update on this ..

Yeah I got told to do that in the shop. I did it once and it seemed to resolve the problem temporarily but let’s be honest, that’s not a permanent solution! We shouldn’t have to keep doing that if we come across the problem!

0 Kudos
vipermo
Dialled in
Message 24 of 196
Flag for a moderator

DIdnt fix it for long already gone again..

Called them up getting a replacement sim which i see u already had  3 i think u said... the guy on the phone said its cos its now only using virgins infrastructure and not EE's...and hoping to be fixed soon.  Now im thinking why are u sending a new sim then... 

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 25 of 196
Flag for a moderator

vipermo said: "Now im thinking why are u sending a new sim then..."

Because while your waiting for the SIM, you won't be phoning up harassing him 😂

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
ryma91
On our wavelength
Message 26 of 196
Flag for a moderator

That’s exactly what I got told in the virgin shop but you’ve done well to get that Information from the guys overseas. New SIM won’t fix the issue. I’m off to the apple shop tomorrow so I’ll post what they say. 

0 Kudos
ryma91
On our wavelength
Message 27 of 196
Flag for a moderator

Got an update, took my phone to Apple today and explained everything I have explained on here. They gave me a new iPhone only to eliminate that being the cause of the issue. They found no faults and said the issue I'm having sounds carrier related but gave me a new phone as a one off. Got it all in writing that there was nothing wrong with the phone.. 2 hours later and the problem comes back. 100% a Virgin carrier issue. I'll be heading off to my local Virgin shop with all this evidence demanding that they terminate my contract as this problem has been happening since Jan 8 2018. Will not be recommending anyone to join Virgin Mobile.

0 Kudos
vipermo
Dialled in
Message 28 of 196
Flag for a moderator

Unreal Good luck mate .   

I called them today as im only in 7 days to my contract and can leave but i really want stay and keep all my bills with one company i also said i dont wanna leave and can they extend my 14 days as there are known issues with there network and im happy to wait a month or 2 for them to be sorted out  But not a year so they said .    No chance..

they must know there is no fix coming any time soon .     

WHY no mods picking up on this ????? 

0 Kudos
Kaila
Tuning in
Message 29 of 196
Flag for a moderator

WOW!  So I'm not the only one...

I have an Android and recently switched from Vodafone and have the shiny new purple sim card.  No mobile data at all.  

This is really frustrating.  If it's not fixed soon... they can count on me switching.  

0 Kudos
paulchambers061
Problem sorter
Message 30 of 196
Flag for a moderator

For those suffering with signal/data problems after just switching to vm please check 

https://checker.ofcom.org.uk/mobile-coverage

or

http://www.signalchecker.co.uk

For EE coverage at their postcode. 

These are way more accurate than the vm or ee coverage checkers. 

Then you can decide what to do. 

Also check the ee service status for their postcode. 

Can't offer any advice for the intermittent data problem though,. 

0 Kudos