Menu
Eccles42
Joining in
Message 51 of 68
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent Loss Of Service

Well, I received my new sim yesterday and have gone 24 hours without having to reboot.  So far so good.  The number of the new sim starts with "318"

0 Kudos
spenno99
Tuning in
Message 52 of 68
Flag for a moderator

Gradually my service has got better ...... fingers crossed. I am close to three days with no reboots. I go abroad tomorrow .... so I may be joining in begging for help if roaming doesn't work.

I wonder if they were working on something to fix things???

0 Kudos
Snookie
On our wavelength
Message 53 of 68
Flag for a moderator

No improvement here.  One month with ‘No Service’.  Quick reboot today to receive imported bank text but within minutes ‘No Service’ again.  Virgin Media tell me this forum will be notified when they have fixed the SIM problem so watch this space ......

0 Kudos
Langfordjm1
Tuning in
Message 54 of 68
Flag for a moderator

After threr 319 sims with same loss of service now received 318 and after one day without reboot am trying hard to not get too pleased about it...

service up to now from hell deal pretty poor and very slow and lengthy calls.

0 Kudos
sanity_bites
On our wavelength
Message 55 of 68
Flag for a moderator

been getting this message off and on for the last few days. is it related?

index.jpg

0 Kudos
neildupes
Tuning in
Message 56 of 68
Flag for a moderator

Yep got a third new sim and I've been ok for 2 days.
The problem seems to be with sim cards with serial numbers starting 319. If you have one of these I would suggest getting a new one sent out, if that one starts 319 then I reckon burn it!!!
Can't really believe we have had to get the resolution ourselves on this forum, no updates at all from Virgin.

VM Customer Service you should be ashamed.
Lynn13
Joining in
Message 57 of 68
Flag for a moderator

Well after 8 weeks of problems following my Virgin imposed SIM update - and it didn't have 319 anywhere in the number - and no resolution or any real help from customer services, after missing a very important call because I hadn't realised my phone had lost its service and over 30 hours without managing to get the service back, despite numerous reboots and attempts to manually connect to the network, while I was away for a long weekend so completely out of contact, I decided enough was enough and as I am out of contract have now moved to a SIM only contract with another provider - got PAC code by text from Virgin and moving my number over has been very smooth with new SIM instantly recognised so hopefully I am back with a reliable service - and I got a better deal in terms what's included in the package for the same amount of money.

For those of you still in contract and therefore unable to move I sincerely hope that Virgin sort this problem out for you very soon because I understand your frustrations .... for those out of contract I can only say think about moving - I've been with Virgin for over 10 years and had been reluctant to move because I wasn't sure how easy it would be - but my experience, as others have indicated on this thread, has been painless. 

Very best wishes

Snookie
On our wavelength
Message 58 of 68
Flag for a moderator

I DON’T BELIEVE IT!!

Just requested my third sim and pointed out that I didn’t want one beginning with serial number 319.  Just received confirmation that it’s on its way and guess what??  The serial number begins 319!!!

I don’t know what to do now as, to complicate matters further, my sim has been working since this morning’s reboot.

0 Kudos
Anntheartist
Joining in
Message 59 of 68
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. There does seem to be some improvement 

0 Kudos
Snookie
On our wavelength
Message 60 of 68
Flag for a moderator

I don’t want to get too excited but I have had mobile service for almost 24 hours now.  After one month of almost continuous ‘No Service’ I am wondering in Virgin Media have fixed the fault?

Maybe just a coincidence but I requested replacement sim number three yesterday.  I am now loath to use it if number two sim has started working.  Do I have to replace sim or can I continue using number two sim if it’s behaving itself?

0 Kudos