Menu
Highlighted
stuartwhiteford
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Data roaming not working

Hi,

On holiday with my new Virgin SIM. Data roaming is on but not getting connected. Called Virgin to port across my old number before I left the country but as it would have happened while I was away they said they were going to cancel the port process. I got a text the day after arriving saying that the port was successful and am now getting calls and texts to my old number on the new SIM.

Is the port the reason why data roaming isn't working and is there anything I can do about it whilst abroad?

Have already spoken to Virgin today who said they have sent through up to date connection settings (3 times) however nothing has been received.

Also rebooted the phone a number of times but to no avail.

Cheers,
Stuart
0 Kudos
Noisette13
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Data roaming not working

Nope - apparently there seems to be a major problem with Virgin supplying data roaming to their customers while abroad and customer services is a waste of space.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rich_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Stuart,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'd like to apologise for you not being able to use your data roaming in Spain.

I know for sure the number port has nothing to do with it because calls and texts work fine. Any setting changes from our end require a restart of the handset. So please make sure you do this if you've not done yet.

If you've struggled to receive the settings from us then I'd recommend getting them yourself. You can enter them manually by looking here or you can select your handset from the list here and you'll get the update direct.

You also need to make sure data roaming is activated on the handset itself for this to work. The basic instructions for doing this can be found here. These are the only things that would prevent it from working.

Hope this information helps. Please let me know how it all goes.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team

Can make calls, but no data? Check your "Virgin Mobile APN settings"

stuartwhiteford
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Rich.

That seems to have done the trick.

Disappointing that no-one on the customers services call could have thought to e-mail that info through.

Stuart.
0 Kudos