Menu
Ceedot
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Data charge, why?

Can anyone explain this? Data was off, turned on once in response to text  then off when second text arrived, so 30sec and I’ve spent over £50??2787282E-96FC-49D8-A07F-B851CA604BF1.png

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Data charge, why?

on some phones if the wifi is weak can switch on data.. or if once turned data on did app update could look at -> https://www.wired.com/story/how-to-stop-using-all-your-mobile-data/ for some possible reasons.

--------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up on kudos. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution, but only do this once issue has been resolved.
Ceedot
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, found the WiFi assist, didn't know about it. Lesson learned, now switched off.

0 Kudos
ShaneUK
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

yep and virgin media broadband services often go down after midnight so your asleep, and when they cut you off because bill overdue they also cut you off late night time, so your mobile updates like this whilst your wifi service is off you wake up next morning its all to late

welcome to virgin media (was much better when it was telewest) but those days are gone now

i once got charged £70+ for going over data on my mobile, (picture that shock) they charge a fee of £3 per day, so whilst your at things, ring em up and make em activate a block so it cant happen to you, because even if your family starves, they wont tell ya and just take that cash

and to quote (well kinda quote in terms of sentiment) "the wolf of wallstreet" welcome to virgin media...

0 Kudos