Menu
MK14
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Credit Check Fail!!

I was searching for a better mobile deal as my current one is on the high side. Came across Virgin's £12 per month sim only deal for 4GB data with a lifetime offer to triple the data to 12GB. Seemed like a great deal. I enquired through their live chat about various details and decided to go of it. 

After filling out all the details at the last minute I get an offer that since there has been an existing customer at my address I get an even reduced offer for £8 per month. A little sceptical but still went ahead. 

At the end of all the form filling and security messages and terms agreements I get told that I have failed the credit check which is based on Equifax. I have before even applying for the contract checked my score with Clear Score who also use Equifax. It is great. 

I do not understand how can they reject an application for something as minor as a £8 per month contract. I have checked some of the other threads and this seems to be a repeating issue. I have not seen one in the recent months though. Can any one help in this matter? 

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Credit Check Fail!!

This may be the internal credit check. We will be able to increase this for you. 

You can also email the credit file team on creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk  and they will be able to look in to this for you 

Kind Regards 

Chris_W1

0 Kudos
MK14
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, I have sent them an email.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi MK14 

Thanks for replying and they will be in touch as soon as they can. 

Chris_W1

0 Kudos