cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting I phone to hub4

Romseyman
Joining in

I have loaded the virgin connect app but it will not connect to my I phone. To the new hub 4

10 REPLIES 10

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Romseyman,

Thanks for your post, and welcome back to the Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're facing issues connecting to your iPhone. Can you please confirm, have you connected your iPhone to your Hub in your Settings > Wi-Fi section of the phone?

Are you able to expand on the issues you're facing when trying to connect? Are you receiving any specific errors?

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi,  I followed the instructions in the app and turned off the wi fi and VPN and tried several times to connect to the hub following the reconnect instructions.It keeps telling me that it can’t connect to the hub.
Hope that helps.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Romseyman,

To confirm, is the Wi-Fi turned on, on your device, when trying to connect to the Hub 4? Are you able to provide screenshots of what you can currently see at the moment? Have you tried rebooting the Hub? 

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi, I have tried doing it with wi fi switched off an on. Same result.

Tried rebooting the hub and changing from 5 to 2.5.Same result.

I don’t  know how to send you screen shots (sorry I am of an age and not terribly experienced in this kind of thing.

the messages I get are1- can’t find the hub try again. 2) Sorry we are having problems- we have a problem connecting you.

Hop this info helps.

Hi @Romseyman,

Can you try deleting and then reinstalling the app to see if that helps at all?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi

I had previously deleted and reinstalled the app but it didn’t make any difference.

I have just deleted it and tried to load it again but it won’t do it.

It continuously tris to load but all I get is the black screen with rotating circles!!

Sorry/ should have said white screen with black dots!!

Hi @Romseyman,

I do apologise, but would you mind clarifying and outlining exactly what steps you're taking when opening the app and at what point you face an issue?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Virgin connect app loaded onto I phone X

Tried to get connection to new hub 4 using app 

Broadband tab says can’t find hub

Mobile tab says ‘sorry there’s a problem’

I have followed the installation instructions carefully.

Hope this helps.