Menu
mimo2008
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Bad mobile speed

Hi all hope someone can help me but I cant play any online game on my note 9 because of my internet speed what can I do to improve it? My download speed is just over 15mb upto 20 and my upload is 0.01mb and my phone showing im on 4g+ 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bad mobile speed

Hi Mimo2008,

Sorry to hear of the issues you're having with your mobile phone on our Wi-Fi services.

There are a few different paths you could take but some more information on the overall issue would be very handy.

Could you tell me how long this issue has been going on for and which room your attempting to use the device, is this the same room as the hub? 

Do you have any other other issues with devices in this particular room in the property?

It would also be helpful if we were to know what broadband speed you have signed up for. 

We could possibly also look at the phone itself, it is currently running on the most recent version of Android? This should be Pie 9.0

David_Bn

0 Kudos
mimo2008
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for getting back to me it's not a wifi issue it's when I'm using my data today i done 2 tests and my data icon was showing 4g+ when i done a speed test i was only getting upto 15mb download but my upload was a 0 but i thought when on 4g+ you would get faster speeds.Screenshot_20190504-003359_Speedtest.jpg

That was today just before 1:30pm 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mimo2008,

Can we just confirm;

• is it just in a specific location you are experiencing this?
  • Just indoors or outdoors as well where your signal isn't compromised?
  • Is it one of our newer sims or an old one?

Many thanks, 

Louis

0 Kudos
mimo2008
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi sorry for very late reply when I'm on 4g it's not so bad but when my phone is showing the 4g+ symbol that's where my internet goes slow doesn't matter where I am indoors or outdoors. My phone is less than a year old same as my sim card. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Tom_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

When you're experiencing issues with the speeds have you been able to try a manual network search to see if you can try to force a better connection?

If you go to your Settings, then Connections and select Mobile networks you should get an option called Network Operators. Select this then choose Select Manually and let it search.

Once it comes up with a list of networks choose a different network and then select Virgin Mobile again. Once you've done this I'd recommend testing your connection to see what it is like.

Thanks,

Tom_S

0 Kudos